TYPE 2 abnormailities in kidneys!

darcy5211

Hi All, I am new to diabetes type 2, I only found out last July! I have heart disease,high BP,high Cholesterol...taking 4 metformin a day for the diabetes. Since november last year I started having problems with my water works, which has now got so bad I have to wear pants night and day. My doctor sent me to hospital in january because I was having so much back pain and my urine was not right, i felt quite ill. He said to go straight to hospital 5.30pm, I was there till 12.30 had blood/urine test, back and neck exrayed.kept asking for Doctor because everybody else had been seen and gone!
Eventually a doctor came and apologised, but the other doctor had left at 9...He had read through her notes and said "Well, the exray shows nothing wrong with your neck or back! I tried to explain what was wrong with me, and had he got blood/urine results? he said oh yes Id better look...He said I was a bit inimic thats all!...He would write to my GP..I came away feeling very angry and stiil ill. I went back to GP 2 weeks later because I couldnt eat, my back pain was worse, my stomache was swollen, I kept feeling sick...so he gave me some pain killers, and was making appointment to see Gynecologist.! I explaind I had full hysterectomy 20 years ago....he still thought i should go. I have been feeling worse and worse. Today I had my diabetes check up at clinic. Well quess what It came up on blood test taken 2 days ago that I have abnormalities on my kidneys and needed to have another blood test, and a scan...quickly the Doctor said!
Can anyone tell me what this means please
Thank you
Christine

darcy5211

I keep feeling as though Im going to pass out, my stomache hurts and has really swollen, it feels like its swelling really quickly.in front of me..I am in so much pain, I feel so ill and frightened, I cant see GP till Monday, I dont know how long blood tests will take which the diabetes doctor said I needed,because my blood test taken 2 days ago showed abnormal kidney results.. I dont know how long scan appointment will take, since leaving hospital today I am feeling worse and I live on my own. What should I do? I am so worried. :? Thanks

WhitbyJet

darcy, please make an emergency appointment with your GP today or go straight to A&E, you are clearly in so much distress and discomfort, there is something not right, you must not wait for a doctor to contact you.
You have other medical issues as well, and latest symptoms could be anything from a severe infection to kidney stones and anything in between, go and get help now, dont delay, swelling, vomiting, not eating, etc you are heading for electrolyte imbalance.

Thinking of you, please come back and let us know how you get on. Big hugs x x

Finzi

Christine, I know you're wanting advice, but it just isn't possible to give you medical advice, even those of us who are healthcare professionals don't have access to your blood test results, and haven't examined you. I totally agree with WhtibyJet that you should either return to A&E or get an emergency appointment with your GP. All I would tentatively say is that abnormal kidney function tests do not *in themselves* normally cause pain. (The reason FOR the abnormal results, eg infection, blockage, may well cause pain). When you had your hysterectomy, do you know if you had your ovaries removed as well?

Type 2 on Metformin, diagnosed Jan 2013, ultra low carber, Hba1C at diagnosis 8% (64), average BS now between 5 and 6 mmol.

darcy5211

Hi, and thanks for all your replies. I only had scan on 22nd April, no results yet. Been to AE 3 times, waste of time... Just told today that I have Grossly abnormal Renal function! My GP wants me to see gyny, had full hysterectomy 30 years ago. GP just rang me back and said he wants me to go have another blood test!!!!! Have had allergy, big wheels all over body 3 times...still dont know what to do! Diabetes clinic who said I had abnormalities in March, has just left me to it...said wrote to my GP, I think he's going senile (GP). Any suggestions? Thank you