Some funny T - shirts here

martwolves

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Dislikes
Selfish people, arseholes who think they know it all, ignoramuses, chavs and people with no manners. People who play music on the bus or train full blast on their phones.

martwolves

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Dislikes
Selfish people, arseholes who think they know it all, ignoramuses, chavs and people with no manners. People who play music on the bus or train full blast on their phones.
I'm considering a diabetes tattoo, but as I haven't got one already, it will have to be good. It may be more visible than my silver ID bracelet though, which is thought number one, also, what if they find a cure, lol? Be just my luck.

Mart.

LittleWolf

I love the one with the glucometer saying 'OH ****'. That's exactly what I said next to my mother after testing today XP

C

chris lowe

I really like some of those - obviously designed by a diabetic with a sense of hunour! Nothing to do with diabetes but I remember one t-shirt that had me smiling. It was a picture of Harold from the Bayeaux Tapestry with the arrow in his eye and it said I spy with my little eye something beginning with A. :lol:

redrevis

Thanks for the comments guys and gals, means a lot. It's nice to know people share my sense of humor :lol:
If anyone would like any customising or designing something specific for themselves just let me know :)

@martwolves I recently had a medic alert tattoo on my left inner forearm. It definitely stands out and my thoughts on if they find a cure are, the last thing I'll be concerned with is my tattoo :p I'll be too busy celebrating the cure! But when I do sit down and think what I could do with it, it could easily be adapted to show that I am an ex-type 1 diabetic that's been cured. Afterall it will still have been a huge part of my life, so won't mind having the diabetes related tattoo even though I'm no longer diabetic. Here's what I got:
C2CDoEl.jpg

LittleWolf

You're a designer/artist, too? Maybe we should start our own Diabetic-centric t-shirt line and tatts! :p

Maybe t shirts directing people to this website so they can get support and advice or encourage relatives/friends of diabetics to join too

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

LittleWolf

Oh wait, did you design the T-shirts?

I think some of them are excellent, some could be adjusted regarding spacing and typeface etc

My ma is also graphic designer and I do all kinds of visual arts. What I should have asked if I could collaborate with you or pass on some of my designs to put on your site.

I am also happy to scan and share books like the Graphic Design Index and dozens of Adobe Suite guides

<3

I still lol at the 'Oh ****' meter XD Think I'll show my grandma

redrevis

Hi! Yes this is my shop and my designs. I must admit, I'm no graphic designer, I just dabbled with making a few t-shirts when I was diagnosed and just went from there, self teaching and improving as I went on. I know they're not all graphically perfect, but I did the best I can with my limited knowledge.

Feel free to send ideas for designs, or images. Always happy to expand the range as long as the designs fit with the style of the current products. As 100% of profits I make are donated to JDRF there wouldn't be any monetary gain for yourself. But if you're still interested, the best way would be to email us at the address listed on the website.

The 'Oh **** Meter' was one of my early designs, hence looking similar to the Xceed, which was my first BG meter. Glad it's still raising smiles :D

LittleWolf

Oh I didn't mean to offend >_<

Not everyone has a natural arty streak or has taken classes, but your concepts and sense of humor are clearly awesome, just needs developing. Could be on to something big :3

Love the premise, just irreverent enough to get people to lighten up about their condition and embrace that it is part of them, informing the public subtly and reminding them that diabetics or anyone with a long term condition are human with a sense of humor too.

Love your work. If you think up any more concepts, describe! I think they would sell well in London's Camden Market... The place is full of statement tees, parody tees etc but nothing like Diabe-tees

You're really cool >_< If I come up with anything I will clear it with the community and post it to the email on your site for your approval

redrevis

Don't worry, you didn't offend :wink: Your criticism was constructive and that's the best kind :thumbup:

If only I could expand into selling in London markets! Unfortunately this is a side hobby using a web platform that is free to use and therefore costs me nothing but helps me make a profit which I donate all to JDRF. I'm sure I could sell a lot more if they were made locally and sold direct from myself, but alas, that takes a lot of money up front to start something like that going, which is something I don't have. Maybe if I win the lottery or something :p

Thanks again for your input. I look forward to seeing some design ideas flying into my inbox 8)