Where did I go wrong . . .?

You know I recently paid £80 quid to a private hospital for a full range of blood tests - all the ones that doctors don't usually do.

It turns out that I have a critically low Vitamin D level 22 when it should be 75. I've since started taking a supplement and I feel so much better it's amazing - I've suffered depression for years and tried everything in the book.

I don't know if this helps but it really is worth getting tested.

Dougal

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Well, here's an update:
I am calm, peaceful and relaxed (thanks to the medication!) :clap:

I went to my Diabetic Clinic yesterday to be praised for my weight loss, my HbA1c is 6.6% and my total cholesterol is 3.2 without statins! My consultant said he was blown away by my achievements. I left feeling that maybe I am doing something right - I don't often feel like that :shock: ! I did explain to him about the antidepressants and the wonderful support I have had from the wonderful, supportive people on this forum.

So, thank you, once again for all your help and support! You are all amazing!!! :clap:

micksmixxx

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Congratulations, Dougal.

I'm glad that things appear to be looking up for you.

Your HbA1c level of 6.6% is equivalent to the new measurement of 49 mmol/mol. (There's a calculator on the Diabetes UK website on the following page: http://www.diabetes.org.uk/Professional ... 1c-values/ ) (Apparently, the new measurement format was introduced in the UK on 1 October 2011.)

Did your diabetes clinic give you all of your cholesterol levels, my friend? I ask this as statins are used to lower LDL (Low Density Lipoprotein ... the bad) cholesterol.

I'm not at all surprised that your consultant is "blown away" by your achievements. You seem to have already done a magnificent job. The secret now is to keep it that way. ;-)

I wish you the very best of luck, Dougal, and I truly do hope that you live a long, happy, healthy, complication-free life.

Lots of Love and Light.

Mick
x x x x
x x x

P.S. Please don't be offended or alarmed at the "x's". It's simply a logo, of sorts, that I've used for some 30-odd years now.

Faith*

Dislikes
Arrogant/unhelpful people. Spiders/bugs basically anything with 6-8 legs. Creeps me out.
Hate mud unless I'm camping oddly
Well done Dougal!! - I'm made up that your doing much better. Keep it up, we're all here to help and support as best we can. :clap: :D :D

ShelleyHarris1981

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Racism,ignorance,nastiness,selfishness
Hi Dougal,
Just wanted to add think you were very brave to post this. Hope ypu managed to get your appointment. Thinking of you and hope today a happy day for you.
All the best.
Shelley x