Medical Alert Tattoos?

blueeyed81

Type of diabetes
Type 1
The original pic of the tatt was just red and black, it was meant to be a bottom of the back piece but I like to be different lol and the tattooist chose some of the colours to help it stand out some

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

smifffy40

Dislikes
Cruelty to kids or animals.
Spongers who just dont want to work.
Immigration policy (no im not racist before people say)
Tories.
Carol Vorderman.
People who are too old to drive (two bad experiences ive seen lately)
Anna , can you help? Ive lost my Avatar and tried uploading another, even compressing it ...but just wont let me..
Ive had more work done on tattoo but going to leave for a while because ive got a lot of money to pay out for holidays...
Must be something wrong with the site because it wont let me upload a pic of my tattoo either....Saying max allowed 256kb and on avatar max allowed 25kb (which is very small)!!

MCMLXXIII

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Yes if you google free online resize picture resize there are a few that resize your images for free so you can upload them here.
Usually opting for " custom" is best.

smifffy40

Dislikes
Tories.
Carol Vorderman.
Oh yeh..Im stupid, my previous pics were straight from my mobile phone.

anna29

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Cruelty to Animals/Children
Liars/Manipulators/Bullying
smifffy40 said:
Oh yeh..Im stupid, my previous pics were straight from my mobile phone.

Hi Smiffy .

You got sorted yet ?
If 'not' just let me know and I will do my best to assist :thumbup:

Anna.

smifffy40

Dislikes
Tories.
Carol Vorderman.
Thanks again Anna. Yes ive sorted it. Picture of latest. Last tattoo till after my hols.. then I can finish it lol

Attachments

• 1368046616686.jpg
    1368046616686.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 1,279

LittleWolf

If anyone would like a custom design I am a tattoo designer.

I do tribals, animals, chicano text(swirly Mexican lettering) tattoos, filigree, ribbons, chains, Celtic style, feathers, religious themes and cartoon characters etc

I would say I will quote on receiving specifications but likely I'll do it for for you guys. Something nice to embrace/come to terms with your illness, show you're not ashamed of who you are and alert someone to your condition if something should happen... Sweet.

I love all your ink so far!

smifffy40

Dislikes
Tories.
Carol Vorderman.
LittleWolf said:

I do tribals, animals, chicano text(swirly Mexican lettering) tattoos, filigree, ribbons, chains, Celtic style, feathers, religious themes and cartoon characters etc

I would say I will quote on receiving specifications but likely I'll do it for for you guys. Something nice to embrace/come to terms with your illness, show you're not ashamed of who you are and alert someone to your condition if something should happen... Sweet.

Thats so good of you..Can i add you as a friend for later date tattoo designs?

LittleWolf

smifffy40 said:
LittleWolf said:

Thats so good of you..Can i add you as a friend for later date tattoo designs?

Yes, sure you can; I'd like some friends! Even if you get the tat a lot later down the line I'm happy to spend as long as you need playing with ideas. It's going to be part of you for life so having time to think on it/make adjustments is always a good idea x

anna29

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
LittleWolf said:

How good and great this is to hear :thumbup:
Very thoughtful of you too - thank you .

Is it possible ? to draw up some ideas and artwork of suggestions for 'all' type's of diabetes.
For options and helpful guidance for us all here .
Perhaps include the new international symbol or the snake and staff etc ...

A tattoo 'can' be a fabulous alerting reference point .
This week I used mine to explain my own situation and get someone off the wrong track
with myself.
Was unable to speak [dentist's had tools in mouth and was rambling on n on at me
about not eating crusty bread , pizza's etc :crazy: ]
Have one crown at the front that keeps working itself loose.
Waved my wrist at her and she then realised I wouldnt eat these types of foods .

We dont just have to be suffering a severe hypo to need use the tattoo awareness .
I have used it in a cafe when folk shout , wave , indicate or tell me where the sugar bowl is :roll:
It can save me using a lot of words or explanations to correct people's all helpful good intentions :thumbup:

As a reference point it says 'more' than words needed to express my condition :D
As people have loooked and then say oh are you on/use insulin ?
I am yet chewing over the addition of adding this [insulin dependent] into my tattoo .
Want it dainty and tidy looking if I do have this done .
Bet I end up dooodling away this weekend :p
Drawing and sketch up some ideas plus rummage about for inspiration ideas too .

Anna.

anna29

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
smifffy40 said:
Thanks again Anna. Yes ive sorted it. Picture of latest. Last tattoo till after my hols.. then I can finish it lol

Smiffy :shock: :shock:

How COOL 8) 8) 8) does this look !!!!
Your tattooist is a ruddy goooood one ....
The detail is AMAZING it really 'is' .
Artwork of it all is so clean and bold , well drawn and colour blended and ink's infilled in FANTASTICALLY well .

Wish he could do something dainty and very small for me - am well jealous :mrgreen:

How do you sugars go when you have it done ?
You still use the bepanthen cream aftercare treatment ?
Is your tattooist ' tattooed himself '
He certainly is a very GOOOOD one me tinks! :think:

Anna.

smifffy40

Dislikes
Tories.
Carol Vorderman.
Anna ..my bloods were better this time even though the places were more painful. I upped my insulin (not suggesting others do that) because previously my bloods have gone high. My blood went to 4.2 halfway through (midday)so had a breakfast bar halfway through sitting and my blood then stayed around 10 the rest of the day.
Yes I always use Bepanthan after. My opinion is its the best.

smifffy40

Dislikes
Tories.
Carol Vorderman.
Thats so kind of you LittleWolf ;-) I will start to have a think :p

Giverny

Admin
Administrator
Type of diabetes
Friend
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
Dishonest people, pessimism, spiders, mushrooms.
anna29 said:
Is your tattooist ' tattooed himself '
He certainly is a very GOOOOD one me tinks! :think:

Anna.
I know people who have tattooed themselves and it's looked horrific! Makes me cringe just thinking about them, haha. It does take skill to do your own tattoo AND make it look good though, definitely.

LittleWolf

Awesome, Smiffy x Can't wait to hear ideas :3

You're very welcome xx

Oh I could draft some ideas for all types 1, 2, MODY, LADA, 3 etc Maybe not gestational because it's a temporary thing, but alert bracelets are still a good idea for GD sufferers.

Would like some suggestions for style though... Maybe I'll try traditional Old Skool art or a typographic-based thing... I'll try incorporating the snake and staffc which could be played up for a cool, masculine tat.

Loving the photos shared. Think I'll share a draft of one old tribal and one recent egyptian-influenced design. These designs are quite clean cut, but I could also do something that looks more like an illustration than symbol/geometry/shape-bases

Include the Blue Ring diabetes symbol right? How well recognised were the older symbols? Would it be worth drafting for variety's sake? Xxxxxxx

anna29

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
LittleWolf said:
Awesome, Smiffy x Can't wait to hear ideas :3

You're very welcome xx

Oh I could draft some ideas for all types 1, 2, MODY, LADA, 3 etc Maybe not gestational because it's a temporary thing, but alert bracelets are still a good idea for GD sufferers.

Would like some suggestions for style though... Maybe I'll try traditional Old Skool art or a typographic-based thing... I'll try incorporating the snake and staffc which could be played up for a cool, masculine tat.

Loving the photos shared. Think I'll share a draft of one old tribal and one recent egyptian-influenced design. These designs are quite clean cut, but I could also do something that looks more like an illustration than symbol/geometry/shape-bases

Include the Blue Ring diabetes symbol right? How well recognised were the older symbols? Would it be worth drafting for variety's sake? Xxxxxxx

How great are you LittleWolf :D

Yes ' please ' could you do some drafting for us .
Various type ones would be brilliant :thumbup:

Blue ring [new international symbol] plus snake and staff ones [the guys seem to prefer this]
Small and larger ones for both males/females would be good .
Small dainty daisy/flower one's - plus a few ribbon ones [for the younger girls ]
Besides the ones you have suggested - these would be great to see .

How fantastic an opportunity this is LittleWolf .
Am sure it will be 'really appreciated too' :thumbup:

From my own experiences a Diabetic tattoo has certainly been a great bonus for me .
It has helped me many times over and is a fantastic reference alert word .
It isnt for everyone I know - others can still wear alert jewellery if they prefer and choose to .

Anna.