Diet coke

lrw60

Dislikes
salads, meat, being bored
Re: Diet coke

I used to be addicted to the real coca cola, try imagining drinking 30 litres a week. Is it any wonder I became diabetic?! It's a wonder I survived. One of my uncles was in the army stationed in what then was known as Aden. He told me that the army limited soldiers to one can a day. Ha also showed me how coke could be used to clean a tarnished penny. None of that stopped me drinking it though. I understand your addiction. I no longer drink the stuff or anything like it.
Lee.

Paul_c

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only

sugarfreehannah said:
I often dilute mine with amaretto. Not to keen on vodka haha.

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

I've given up with liquers as they contain varying amounts of sugar. I found that Peach Schnapps (a certain major name brand) was sending my sugars wild even with diet lemonade... so I switched to just plain spirits with my diet cola/lemonade.

What annoys me is that these drinks are not required by law to give their "nutritional" breakdown.

I dont count the alcohol I take because alcohol naturally brings your blood sugars down. Obviously I dont go wild.
Blood sugars will go high at first but if you do a corrction dose than you are more likely to have a big hypo.
I am not a big drinker dont get me wrong haha.
I do love a good diet coke though.

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App