Arrested for drunk and disorderly

Status
Not open for further replies.

Embabe25

No hen! My sugar was high I took some fast acting and ate! You should eat even taking your lantus at night!

I was using it as an example. I have no social life! I have two babies to look after! That was my first outing in nearly a year!

I am a responsible person! I took all my medication and my meter! I wasn't on a bender I was at a party, had a good time and managed this without causing a scene or making a nuisance of myself!

You have 3 bottles of lucozade by your bed to treat your alcohol induced hypos! Jesus Christ! Half a bottle should be enough to sort a hypo!

I was trying to be nice but you're a waste of time and energy!

Good luck on your future nights out! But you keep going the way you are you won't have many!

Em x

s10vsb

Embabe25 said:
Here's an idea. If your sugar drops so much when you drink why don't you just not drink! Surely you can have a good time sober.

Or lower the amount of lantus you take if you want to drink.

When you asked what HbA1C was, were you actually asking?

When you say you've had diabetes for 17 years have you had it from birth?

Em x
Just out of curiosity, how old do you think I am?

s10vsb

Embabe25 said:
At a guess by your attitude about 20!

Em x

So your quote 'from birth' was obviously sarcastic, 20 minus 17 is 3....I'm not attention seeking so stop as you say 'wasting your time and effort by posting' and stop reading and posting.

s10vsb

Mr Happy said:
So you were arrested for drunk and disorderly without being disorderly? You fell out of the van in an orderly manner and failed to follow instructions? I presume your shouting and kicking the door was simply the hokey cokey gone wrong?

I'm not sure what good doing your sugars would do when youve admitted theyre ridiculously erratic anyway. Their 'duty of care' would mean they would need to call the doctor anyway.

It would be good if the police had monitors but they also lack staff, cells, equipment etc. It would have been much better if you had just behaved like an adult rather than engage in this pointless task!

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App
What pointless task? Trying to get the police to have a bs monitor?....or have I missed something?

s10vsb

Thundercat said:
Are you asking what your HbA1C is? What mine is? Or what the test is? For your own sake a second monitor is a smart idea. Manufacturers provided them for free.

So if they're free, why don't the police have them? As the majority of the posts on here think I can't control my diabetes, I'm curios what the previous post thinks my Hba1c is.

s10vsb

s10vsb said:
Embabe25 said:
Yes the hospital do but she wanted her machine!

Things are getting twisted now! Yes those are the signs of a hypo. She had only one! She was like a woman possessed shouting screaming and kicking enough to lose her voice and cause bruises! Her words!

OP I beg you please go to the IPCC or the papers so we can get this settled once and for all! But beware to be made the fool.

An let this lesson be learned! Don't drink to excess!

The other week I posted here while drunk. My sugar at the time was 15. I took a little fast acting to bring it down a little! I got home at 1am after drinking all day! I ate at home and forgot to take my lantus. My sugar when I woke at 9am was 6.0!

Better than it usually would have been! I've had diabetes for 3 years and am poorly controlled! If I can enjoy a drink responsibly then so should you!

Em x

You had an all day 'bender', ate when you got home at 1am took 'a little' fast acting insulin which would counteract your snack when you got home and you forgot your lantus and it was 6.0 in the morning...How low would it be if you hadn't eaten and HAD taken your lantus? You've been diabetic for 3 years..14yrs less than me...come back after 17yrs and tell me what your HBa1c is and how many health complications you have had caused by your 'poor controlled' diabetes....My HBa1c is 6.5 AND PROPERLY CONTROLLED, I've got NO complications. I've got a social life and go out with mates...I've monitored my 'drinking' BS for yrs and I know how my sugar works and that's why I take 3 bottles of lucozade to bed with me to stop a hypo and keep it normal all night. Does your positive result in the morning mean that you are going to have an all day session to control your diabetes or are you going to have to go on a 'bender' ever day to get it to normal?

Embabe25

Why are you just copy and pasting the same message?

Yes I was being sarcastic! Reading all your posts and the way you behave you do sound like you're a teenager!

As I said before I took a little fast acting to bring my high sugar down slightly from 15. Then ate when I got home to avoid a hypo when my sugar dipped later in the night! I forgot to take my lantus but am on a split dose anyway so really I just took less that day!

Like I said before I don't do benders! I go out once in a blue moon and make sure I'm as controlled as I can be throughout the night!

Also as I said before I hope Durham police force to kit themselves out with free monitors and test everybody that claims to be diabetic before arrest. Maybe the next time you're out on the lash you can get yourself lifted again and put their promise to the test!

Em x

Mr Happy

Its a pointless task for several reasons. There was no confusion between a hypo and drunkeness - your behaviour was alcohol induced stupidity. The reading they get will be pretty pointless as you have already stated that youd have needed 3 bottles of lucozade - if they got a reading of 15 it wouldnt be in the handbook to reach for glucose. Also, they would be duty bound to call a doctor anyway.

Listen, if the arrest had been in any way wrongful or they hadnt called a doctor, if your behaviour had been 'normal' or if anything bad had happened; then it is likely they would take action. Given the circumstances this will be filed in the 'obnoxious and unable to accept blame for stupidity' file...

martwolves

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Dislikes
Selfish people, arseholes who think they know it all, ignoramuses, chavs and people with no manners. People who play music on the bus or train full blast on their phones.
This is the most arrogant, self-satisfying post I have ever read. Will someone lock this please?

Being a drunkard is not clever and stupid if you are diabetic.

Total out of control chancer, who still can't see the point that they were very fortunate.

13 pages (on my BB) of dross, apart from the respondees. I'm loving the ball bag comment more and more.

FACT- (To OP/Alkie) YOU WERE IN THE WRONG. That is all.

Lots of love

Mart.

(Happy boozing this morning, hic)

izzzi

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Well put Mart.

Not to mention the OP was also on "medication for epilepsy, high blood pressure, underactive thyroid and pyrisis,"
Rehab comes to mind !
I think this OP needs more help than was first thought.

I hope she comes to terms with her self inflicted problems, and the police consider her advice and act accordingly.

Roy. :)

Faith*

Dislikes
Arrogant/unhelpful people. Spiders/bugs basically anything with 6-8 legs. Creeps me out.
Hate mud unless I'm camping oddly
This is absolutely pathetic - I've been reading all this for what feels like absolute weeks and weeks!!

As stated before if your control was so "Perfect then why this.......

I take 3 bottles of lucozade to bed with me to stop a hypo and keep it normal all night

I've absolutely given up. I praise you for trying to introduce a better way of testing diabetics sugars in the police custordy but seriously this has gone on far too long. You have your opinion of what went on and your beliefs that you are well controlled but letting yourself get into a state whereby you got arrested is OBVIOUS PROOF THAT YOU ARE NOT IN CONTROL.

as Mart said lock this - becoming ridiculous and no one is listening to anyone!!

mickey121

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
A better way to get the police to have some form of metering procedure would be to approach the local police commisioner in an official manner with facts to back up the reasoning and do it sober not on a drunken binge

anna29

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Cruelty to Animals/Children
Liars/Manipulators/Bullying
Hi All .

I have 2 options here with this thread .

Clean up edit out the argued heated posts , leave the thread still open for more reasoned discussion .

Lock it - thus ending all debate's on this now rather circular subject .

Let me know what you want - and it will be done .

Thanks Anna.

mo1905

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Rude people !
Lock it ! People have their own opinions which won't change ! This thread is going nowhere.

anna29

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Cruelty to Animals/Children
Liars/Manipulators/Bullying
Okay it is being locked Guys/Gals.

Anna.