T2 failure

Mims

Hi all I have T2 and have been diagnosed two years ago. Since then I have had two DVT's and I am currently on warferin. I am very depressed that I can't exercise until its gone and I can't stick to a diet. Its almost that I don't care about myself or that I am in denial. I know the do's and don'ts but ignore them. I read how a lot of you have successfully lost weight and here I am burying my head in the sand. Can't seem to get out of it, how mad is that!!!

:evil::?:

sugarless sue

Master
Dislikes
Rude people! Not being able to do the things I want to do.
Hi Mims ,welcome to the forum.Sorry to hear about your DVT's ,what a bummer,and painful too!Basically it's about changing the way you eat rather than dieting.In my case it was eating smaller portions.I still cooked for 5 even though kids have left home!I think I still cook for three but at least it's gone down a bit!(there's only two of us BTW!)You say you can't exercise but what kind of exercise do you mean? I have a dodgy knee so high impact leg exercises are out,same as you I expect.I do ,however sit in a chair (being a lazy sod as well!)and use hand weights.It's great for toning up arms,chest and abdominals.You would have to check with doctor of course to be safe.I've never been on warfarin so do check.I also go for low carbs and keep the fats down as well as I need to lose another 2 stone if possible.I was doing great up to Christmas but I haven't lost a lot since then.The important thing though is that I have not put any on!Hopefully ,once the weather heats up I can get back on track losing weight.
Cheer up,the DVT's will pass and the sun will have you out again!

Knowledge is the key to control

Fugs

I bought myself a smaller plate. Because the plate was still full my brain seemed to think that I'd eaten my pre diet amount. Weird but it worked lol

Out of my mind,
Back in 5 minutes

>^..^<

Mims

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Mims</i>

Gosh thanks you guys for answering. This is my first time here and my first time interacting with others like me who have diabetes. I have felt quite a lone but now I feel theres hope for me... thanks again!

:)

<br />Hi all I have T2 and have been diagnosed two years ago. Since then I have had two DVT's and I am currently on warferin. I am very depressed that I can't exercise until its gone and I can't stick to a diet. Its almost that I don't care about myself or that I am in denial. I know the do's and don'ts but ignore them. I read how a lot of you have successfully lost weight and here I am burying my head in the sand. Can't seem to get out of it, how mad is that!!!

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

Mims

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Mims</i>
BTW.. I think the smaller plate is a good idea because like you I have been used to cooking for a family of four and now there's only the two of us. Is depression part and parcel of diabetes then?

:|

<br />Hi all I have T2 and have been diagnosed two years ago. Since then I have had two DVT's and I am currently on warferin. I am very depressed that I can't exercise until its gone and I can't stick to a diet. Its almost that I don't care about myself or that I am in denial. I know the do's and don'ts but ignore them. I read how a lot of you have successfully lost weight and here I am burying my head in the sand. Can't seem to get out of it, how mad is that!!!

junieliz

Hi Mims, welcome aboard plenty of info on this site to help you, I am not diabetic but my husband is, I come onto the site every day to pick up ideas and yes it does help very much. Hope you will soon be feeling a bit better. Everyone is so friendly take a tour it's a tonic.

Mims

Thanks Junieliz its much appreciated :)

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by junieliz</i>
<br />Hi Mims, welcome aboard plenty of info on this site to help you, I am not diabetic but my husband is, I come onto the site every day to pick up ideas and yes it does help very much. Hope you will soon be feeling a bit better. Everyone is so friendly take a tour it's a tonic.

sugar

Hi Mims,
Welcome! I find just logging on to this site most days gives me that bit of a push to do my best. Sure, no one finds it easy, but most people here and trying their best...and their effort encourages me. Hope it helps you too!
Take care,
j

Mims

Thanks Sugar since last week I have decided to take a positive move towards losing weight. Tonight I will join my local weight watchers group and perhaps with a little support from them I can lose some of this unwanted baggage I am carrying around!!

I think the penny is dropping!!:oops:

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by sugar</i>
<br />Hi Mims,
Welcome! I find just logging on to this site most days gives me that bit of a push to do my best. Sure, no one finds it easy, but most people here and trying their best...and their effort encourages me. Hope it helps you too!
Take care,
j