Diagnosed last Thursday 28th or was I?

carlrr

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Arguments
Reading before tea 8.7, im having a few gasses of wine and venison with sweet potatoes (mashed) we wil see what the reading is before bedtime

carlrr

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Arguments
BG reading 7.2 before bed and a reading of 8.8 this morning before breakfast, working in the garden today so lets see what fresh air and a bit of digging does

carlrr

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Arguments
digging in the garden gave me a reading of 4.6 and the shakes

carlrr

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Arguments
BG reading of 7.7 last night before bed and a reading of 4.9 this morning before breakfast

carlrr

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Arguments
Pretty much steady now in between 5 + 8 with the occasional rise dependant on what I eat a biscuit or some chocolate, my eyesight has returned pretty much to normal took around 2 and a half months to get used to and level out, it all fine at the moment, Diabetes uk forum has been a great help

Finzi

Sounds like you're doing great, Carl!

Type 2 on Metformin, diagnosed Jan 2013, ultra low carber, Hba1C at diagnosis 8% (11mmol), now between 5 and 6 mmol. 20kg lost so far :)

carlrr

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Arguments
I am thank you, my diet is far better and I am holding a nice weight of 12 stone 10 pounds, I exercise regularly and I have found that I genuinely feel better its strange but having a progressive chronic disease seems to have made me eat healthier which in turn will probably make me live longer, however ..... experts seem to possibly disagree with this point and insurance companies tend to say odds are I will have a shorter life it would be good to find out some stats

carlrr

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Arguments
Still seem to be doing good, diet is generally ok cheat now and again and do grab a bottle of wine on the weekend - sugars usually under 10

Reactions: 2 people

tizzy

Does any body know what figures and levels of gad test mean criteria and such also can u be tested if on insulin for type 1.5 also what other test are there to see if 1.5 thanks