Diabetes problems

J P Edwards

The last couple of months something strange has been happening. I wake up randomly in the early morning feeling Sick test my blood sugar and it off the Scale. after a few days it become normal again. I am on insulin pump so uses my Nova radid pen and pump to insert more insulin but sugar will not drop?
It has happened again today and my eyes have become very blurred? It is annoying. Its getting to the stage where the insulin does nothing, is this possible or what is happening?

viviennem

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Football. Bad manners.
I am a Type 2, not a Type 1, but I would suggest you get in touch with your doctor or diabetes clinic as soon as you can, and explain the problem.

I hope someone with more Type 1/pump experience will be along soon.

Viv 8)

viviennem

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Football. Bad manners.
Hi Dianne

Have you been tested for an under-active thyroid (hypothyroid), and had your Vitamin D levels checked? Both low thyroid and low Vitamin D levels can cause you to feel tired. Have you talked to your GP about it?

Don't let them fob you off by saying you're getting older. Ask for a full MOT! :wink:

Viv 8)

Reactions: J P Edwards

Liang171717

J P Edwards said:
The last couple of months something strange has been happening. I wake up randomly in the early morning feeling Sick test my blood sugar and it off the Scale. after a few days it become normal again. I am on insulin pump so uses my Nova radid pen and pump to insert more insulin but sugar will not drop?
It has happened again today and my eyes have become very blurred? It is annoying. Its getting to the stage where the insulin does nothing, is this possible or what is happening?

I think you can talk with doctor for that, may be you need to change your insulin, may be your insulin cannot Keep the efficacy for long time, so you need to change it to controlled release insulin, or you can change the time for inject insulin, I think average it into three time during whole day, such as, 7 am; 1 pm and 8 pm, I think you can inject insulin for three time per day, even you use controlled release insulin, as you can keep blood sugar in good condition