my fitness pal

Lozzybabyw

Wow that's great:) If you go on add cardiovascular you can add all sorts even light cleaning. If you find what your ideal calorie intake each day & your weight then it will tell you what percentage you've had & what you have left:) I will look into the new one though Thanks:)

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Andy12345

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Doctors
Oh wow I have to check this out, Thankyou :)

Trina

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People who don't try, negative thinking
Hi Andy

Just downloaded this on to my i-phone and started to use it and yup agree with you its Awesome. Still discovering bits and bobs with it though, so early days, but very enthusiastic at the moment. Thanks for that.

andybrightman

I also want to share my fitness programme here that I am always like to wake up early in the morning than addicted to do regular exercise as well. I also follow simple diet programme like eating fresh fruits or green vegetables in breakfast. One more thing I want to advise to fatty people that they should avoid to eat non vage foods.

LaserMum

Type of diabetes
Type 2
No app for the laptop. Just go to www.myfitnesspal.com. My username is Lasermum so anyone is welcome to add me as a friend if you want to.

I found it great for setting my own goals. If you set your calorie goal to whatever you want it to be, you can then set your carb goal (mine's set at 50 although I usually exceed it :oops: ) and it will set my fat and protein goals higher to make sure it all adds up to the necessary calories.

Faith*

Dislikes
Arrogant/unhelpful people. Spiders/bugs basically anything with 6-8 legs. Creeps me out.
Hate mud unless I'm camping oddly
I absolutely love it. Makes eating out so much easier as I used to guestimate but now I can take a more educated guestimate :lol: I do tend to ignore the calorie counter though, I eat a lot of meat/protein so it easily builds up so I know i'm not over limit even though it's telling me I am. Hope that makes sense.

Shame they can't add a diabetes section to it to tell us exactly how much insulin to give heehee

Tumble

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Negativity
I downloaded this last night and added yesterdays food intake and was shocked as to how many carbs I actually consumed and I keep a handwritten food diary!

Maitland

Initially I was writing everything down on a wee bit of paper, weighing my food and then working out the carbs and cals. Admittedly it was a wee bit of a pain but a necessary evil and then I discovered my fitnesspal and runkeeper.

The barcode reader takes all the effort out of counting my carbs and cals and runkeeper keeps a track on my exercise and calorie loss. Don't know where I would be without them now.

I am able to keep below 20g of carbs for another two weeks at least or until I hit my target weight.

M...

claymic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi
I have been using it in and off. It us a great app. I could do with having more friends there which are diabetic and trying to lose weight. If anyone wants to add as friend my username there is claymic....
Cheers :)

Carole T

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Hates it when Non-Diabetic ( not professional ) people tell me what i should be doing and what not to be doing
I have used this app a while ago but I have now downloaded it again

Carole T

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Hates it when Non-Diabetic ( not professional ) people tell me what i should be doing and what not to be doing
As I was trying to say lol I have downloaded this app again as it is a brilliant app, its very helpful I even told my pharmacist about it he said it was fab and would it be ok to pass it on to others to help them so keep passing it on to one and all :)

bigbluebouncy

Andy12345 said:
I cant seem to add friends to it :(

Hi Andy,
like the other posters here I have found this an amazin'g free app, and lost lots of weight with it. To add friends is slightly different depending on whether you're using it on phone or on computer via website. I use it thru Android so apols if it's different on I-phone or blackberry. To add friends on phone u will need them either to be in your facebook friends, or phone contacts, or know their email address. on the main screen just press the 'peopl' symbol tab, 2nd from right on my view, click 'Friends' tab, then there is an add friend option at the bottom left.
To add people from usernames only as have been mentioned in this thread, I found it easiest to do on computer, via the website.
From your home screen, hit the My Profile tab, then you have a tab at the top that says 'Find Members'. Put their username in...and simples :)
And sorry. I would have replied earlier, but was busy eating my dark choc alpro dessert.. (115 cals, 2.9g fat 1g sat fat, 18.2 total carbs...) yummilicious and chocolatey :D

Thommothebear

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I love myfitnesspal, I have it on my iPad and love that I can also access it from both my home (linux) and work (windoze or mac) laptops. I also use polarpersonaltrainer and it's just a shame they don't synch up, although it' a simple job to load the relevent cardio data manually. The only other thing I would like to see in Myfitnesspal is fields for BG readings as It would make the job of looking for patterns in food and high BG readings easier to spot.