Best oral antidote for hypos

hels

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Lucozade where possible. If not convenient to carry lucozade I always have glucose tablets or jelly babies stuffed in every pocket.

If I'm lower than target but not hypo I'll have a treat to bring myself back up like a small piece of toast with some scrummy homemade jam or another treat. I've never had a sweet tooth but the fact that I'm low-carbing somehow makes things I never even wanted before a treat!

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Fetchmeacoffee

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
busybodies
Either 1 of those small cans of coke or Jelly Babies! Just 4/5 though

valgeje

I get tubes of Glucogel on prescription from my GP, after being alerted to their existence by my local chemist. I tube usually does the trick.

tristans

I use the lucozade carbohydrate energy gel satchets, they are small and easy to carry in pocket and dont go stale or break up like tablets do, and can be bought in sports stores or cycling shops, bit slimy but anything tastes good when having hypo.

ben21

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I use haribo supermix. 7 sweets wrapped neatly in a clingfilm balls - 20grams carb. I find this perfect especially for energy boosters when running. I wonder if I get stopped by police before a half marathon will they believe that the packets are not drugs!