It's all falling to pieces again

Lovelylivpet

Type of diabetes
Type 1
:thumbdown: :cry: :cry:

Please note- I am on a pump

In the last few weeks, my BG Levels have mostly been 21- 25 mmol/L. It's rare when I'm between my target of 4-8. My HBA1C was previously 8.1 , but now I'm almost certain that it will be in the 9's. Just to add to the pressure, my Hospital apt has been set for the 13th June, so don't have enough time to get it down.

At night, I set my Basel rates up by 10%, and that helps a lot. I then wake up 5 or 6. :) . In the day, I bolus more for everything, including meals or snacks. This Should help, but this brings me to my other relative dilemma.

I have always had a trouble with snaking in between meals. I eat ALOT. To be honest, It's my own stupid fault ,because my parents do try and stop me. For a few months, I did Zumba and never snaked, I lost a bit of weight and my BG Levels were brill, that is until now.

Please help, I starting to feel sick sometimes and feel like doing something very stupid ( not that I will because I love my family too much).

Thanks

emmie

Hey lovely,

Going onto a pump is a big deal and a lot to get your head round. Speak to your team who have given you the pump. Did you do a course when you was put onto it?

There could be a couple of reasons why your running high with the pump, might be your basal isn't enough or your absorption isn't right in that site. There are probably a couple of different types of cannula to help. I found I needed the 10mm rather than 8 and it made the difference.

being that high can certainly make you feel like giving up, I've been there so many times. This is when you have to speak to your diabetes team because they are there to help especially as like I said earlier being on a pump takes a lot to get used to.

Keep your chin up and maybe look at what it snacking on and maybe try some lol carb options

Sending hugs x

Sent from Emmies iPhone

Lovelylivpet

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Hi Emmie,
Thanks for all the advice, but I've been on the pump for about 4 years now. About the snaking, thanks - can you suggest any low carb snacks/meals. :)

abbydoot

Low carb sancks would be:
Hummus and carrots
angel delight - any flavour for 1/4 packs 10g carbs

Celery with peanut butter
Celery with tuna salad
Hard boiled eggs
Deviled eggs
Dill pickles and cheddar cheese (no kidding, it's a great combo)
1/4 cup berries with 1/3 cup cottage cheese
Nuts (keep raw ones in the freezer if you think you'll overeat them)
Sunflower seeds (get them in the shell so it will take longer to eat them)
Other seeds (How to Toast Pumpkin or Squash Seeds)
Low-Carb Trail Mix
Jerky (beef or turkey -- try to find low-sugar varieties)
Low-carb shakes
Cheese sticks, such as string cheese
Sugar-free Jello, alone or with cottage cheese and a sprinkling of nuts
Make sugar-free lime Jello with part coconut milk -- For a large package, dissolve the powder in a cup of boiling water, add a can of coconut milk, and then add the rest of the water. Stir well.
Pepperoni "chips" -- Zap the slices in the microwave
Cheese with a few apple slices
4-ounce plain or sugar-free yogurt with berries and flax seed meal
Smoked salmon and cream cheese on cucumber slices
Lettuce Roll-ups -- Roll luncheon meat, egg salad, tuna or other filling and veggies in lettuce leaves
Lunch Meat Roll-ups -- Roll cheese or veggies in lunch meat (read the labels for carbs on the lunch meat)
Spread bean dip, spinach dip, or other low-carb dip or spread on the lunch meat or lettuce and then roll it up
Raw veggies and spinach dip, or other low-carb dip
Pork rinds, with or without dip
Ricotta cheese with fruit and/or nuts and/or flax seed meal
Mushrooms with cheese spread inside (or other spreads or dips)
Low-carb snack bars (watch out for sugar alcohols, especially maltitol)
Product Review: Atkins Advantage Bars
Pepperoni Chips -- Microwave pepperoni slices until crisp. Great with cheeses and dips
Garlic Parmesan Flax Seed Crackers
Parmesan Crisps -- Good when you want a crunchy snack.
Peanut Butter Protein Balls

Hope I'v helped xx

Reactions: 2 people