Headaches after Hypos

JIMDOG1

Dislikes
patranising dr and nurses lol
Hi all

Had a couple of Hypos the last couple of days and each time after had headaches and feeling sick is this normal I've had Hypos in past when I was on nova rapid but never felt like this I'm 3x metformin 2x glic and 12 and 14 units of insulatard

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

SewK8

Hello

I always have a killing headache after my sugars go low. not sure why but the DSN told me it was to do with a sugar rush! I don't think that's why, but will go with it for a while till any other reason shows!

Kat

JIMDOG1

Dislikes
SewK8 said:
Hello

I always have a killing headache after my sugars go low. not sure why but the DSN told me it was to do with a sugar rush! I don't think that's why, but will go with it for a while till any other reason shows!

Kat

Hi

Could be I had quart of 500ml coke when I found I was that low and bit shakey 3.1 bs back to 6.5 after 15min just the headache and nausea is new to me after hypo

Hour n half test after 11.1 and my fingers are getting sore with testing every 2 hours :sad:

JIMDOG1

Dislikes
Just can't get it right today 6.1 at 2 had lunch wholegrain sandwich with chease plus tomatoes and metformin tab bs dropped to 4.4 5min ago stopped driving had cadbury bar ahhh

JIMDOG1

Dislikes
janewton said:
I have suffered with both headaches and feeling cold after severe lows over the years.

cheers jane

might be cause of my headache and nausea and bit sick today still feeling woozy bs as of 4pm 5.9 s :( just tired of it all

flicc90

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Don't worry I get horrible headaches nearly on the verge of migraines after hypos.
Also get very cold. Only thing that iv find that helps it is a nap afterwards

JIMDOG1

Dislikes
flicc90 said:
Don't worry I get horrible headaches nearly on the verge of migraines after hypos.
Also get very cold. Only thing that iv find that helps it is a nap afterwards

Thanks flicc90
Had 2hour nap tonight lot clearer head and body dos not feel woozy quite awake just getting me down a bit becomes bit of struggle during day as I work in construction and I've had to spend extra night away from home as I did not feel safe to drive 2 hours so missed being with my boy tonight

anna29

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Cruelty to Animals/Children
Liars/Manipulators/Bullying
Hello Jim .

Yes I have had real lathargic tiredness accompanied with a headache .
After a heavy or severe hypo .
The hypo can knock the stuffing out of me occasionally :(
Thankfully it hasnt happened 'often' ...

Always go freezing cold and need a rest in a cosy warm bed afterwards .
Headache can sometimes linger needing painrelief to help me sleep too .

Hope this can help .

Anna.

JIMDOG1

Dislikes
anna29 said:
Hello Jim .

Yes I have had real lathargic tiredness accompanied with a headache .
After a heavy or severe hypo .
The hypo can knock the stuffing out of me occasionally :(
Thankfully it hasnt happened 'often' ...

Always go freezing cold and need a rest in a cosy warm bed afterwards .
Headache can sometimes linger needing painrelief to help me sleep too .

Hope this can help .

Anna.

Hello Anna

Thanks for sharing yes it seems I have this new symptoms just feels a bit different to when I was on novarapid insulin as I used to get Hypos of that but after hypo I used to bounce back pretty quickly clear head and body but after 3 Hypos on Friday on insulatard my body was just so run down and sick and the pain in my head but I've cut back my units now just 12 units at night and only 1 low bs today with slight background headache so feeling my mojo back and very happy to have my boy in my arms

nibbyp

Type of diabetes
Type 1
i suffer bad with headaches after having crashed during the night I wake up with banging headaches and high bms wipes me out for the rest of the day :(

lexilox

Cutting down the insulatard sounds like its needed to me. I am told that more than two hypos a week is too many and means my insulin is too high. Losing weight increases insulin sensitivity so I find my insulin requirement drops of I've shed a few lbs. I get a horrid headache if I wake up low or at times when i go low and can't get my BG back up quickly. It only goes away if I go for a nap but I worry about going low again in my sleep. Its a battle. I keep hoping one day a cure will come but it's been over twenty years now...! Hard to keep in target without having hypos.

JIMDOG1

Dislikes
I cut my insulatard down now to 12 units a night not 16 split dose and doing that its settled down fairly well no serious headaches but been bit stressed out with work this week and hospital app for flexible thingy shoved were sun don't shine so my general feelings been down bp was very high too today aswell so feeling very shakey and tired :?