Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
If you mean McDonald's, BK, KFC, Pizza Hut and such then the answer is not very often. On Christmas Eve we always get a KFC and sit down and watch some movies, other than that it's a Chinese Take-away from time-to-time as a treat or Fish and Chips 2-3 times a year say.

hale710

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I rarely eat in the likes of macdonalds, KFC etc. I have to be desperate and/or hungover. Chinese is maybe once a month though with my other halts family. I could easily skip that though!

AMBrennan

I quite like Domino's pizza... Takes about two days of insulin to keep BG down though :shock: so I have that very infrequently.

izzzi

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi, col79. :)
I did have big mac's etc; many years ago. Now I do not have any so called Fast Food.
health has improved,yet to be fair I do miss that tempting big mac.

I am one of those persons that can fall into the gimmicks of fast food chains. So I stay clear of them.(what do you mean PizzaExpress is a fast food chain)

Roy. :)

Thommothebear

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I got conned into having a small doner kebab a couple of weeks ago, i didn't eat the bread, just the salad and the meat but it was actually fine much to my surprise, no big spikes anyway. Even before I was diagnosed I tended to avoid kebabs like the plague, doubt I've had more than 6 my entire life Lol.

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

anna29

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Cruelty to Animals/Children
Liars/Manipulators/Bullying
Fast Food :?: Not in a long time nor any more .
Learnt the quick and hard way with this one :oops:

Well remember a fillet of fish in a white bun plus chips/fries [shared] from maccy 'd's
Had taken our granddaughter as a treat ...
Ugh - I could taste all the salt and preservatives/additives in it , it all spiked me big time and style.
Plus it, " well " bunged me up too - 'never again' - as I am wheat and gluten intollerant also .

Far prefer my organic home grown produce [bought from our local farm shop]
It is far healthier and much safer for me :thumbup:
This is just my own experience I will ' add ' here .

Anna .

Jovifreak

I have fast food whenever I feel like it - at KFC and McD's they list the amount of carbs n each food on the tray liner, you can also ask at the counter for a leaflet, so its easy to work out how much to inject. Other places, after doing DAFNE, its quite simple to work out the carbs in kebabs, burgers, pizza etc so I don't let my diabetes stop me having anything I fancy. and Yes my HbA1c is fine :lol: