Do you need to put the pump on your house insurance?

stoney

Type of diabetes
Parent
Treatment type
Pump
Hi there

James has the Accu Chek Combo pump and we are insured with insurance 4 insulin pumps. We pay £6.99 per month and from what I can remember the cover is for £2,500. This company was mentioned by other forum members and also the Roche Rep for the pump.

Hope this helps

Yvonne

Stefano

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I have a Medtronic paradigm veo and I have insured with my home insurance.
I have insured for £ 3000.
I have also insured in case it's stolen from the locker at the sport centre while i am swimming.

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Trina

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People who don't try, negative thinking
When I first got the pump I put it on my home insurance. Bit funny really as the lass on the other end of the phone didn't have a clue what i was talking about and asked if it was some sort of water device? Anyway, described it to her and its now on my home insurance, not as a watering device however.

mrman

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
My accu check pump was added on my house insurance at no extra cost and under like for like replacement upto £3,500. They are aware its with me 24/7 in and out of the home.

Sent from my GT-S5360 using DCUK Forum mobile app

Fallen_skydive_angel

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Hi all, I used to work in insurance and am now on a pump myself (as of 18/3/13) and feel I need to make you aware of the issues around insurance for it. There's also documented info online regarding this, although I can't remember where. But unless your local NHS PCT (primary care trust) is willing to put in writing to you and state that you legally own your pump, then you should not have to insure it. Many trusts are reluctant to sign over ownership to the pump wearer as its such an expensive piece of kit (which should be regardless since once it's allocated to someone they can never give it to anyone else). However, due to this fact, it therefore means if anything goes wrong etc requiring insurance cover, then it falls to the OWNER of the pump. You can not insure something which is not yours to insure, and neither should you have to. If the PCT is unwilling to legally, in writing sign over ownership, then the responsibility of insurance falls to them - they own it. Hope this helps.

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App