Pump with the least bulky consumables

dowuchyalike

My Accu Chek Combo reaches the end of its life later this year and I've been given the option to choose a different pump if I so desire. Since I am planning to do quite a bit of travelling over the next few years, some of it for extended periods, I have to consider how much space is going to be taken up in baggage by pump consumables. The Accu Chek consumables are not especially heavy but do take up a fair bit of space. Anybody any thoughts on whether any of the alternatives are any more travel-friendly?

Cheers

Cody

Don't really know much about other pumps but I have the Medtronic and pretty sure they will all be in par with each other bulk wise as u need kinda the same changing gear but I may be wrong. If i were u I'd stick with what I'm using as know how long it took me to adjust even after changing sets and not pump. Good luck

phoenix

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I think the biggest variation in bulk/packaging of the infusion set . Those with an integrated inserter are very bulky. It's a few years ago now but I remember when I chose my pump/infusion set that I was shocked by the size of some of the packaging. I use silhouettes with a Medtronic (never seen the combo as it wasn't an option then) . They were one of the least bulky sets but I still think that they take up far too much room when travelling.
Can you get your nurse to show you some examples?

Dougal

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Which infusion sets are you using with your Accu-chek? I started off with the Rapid-D's. These seem to take up very little space compared to the FlexLink sets, which I have now moved onto. As stated in the message from Phoenix, ask your DSN to show you samples.