What hypo treatments have you got in at the mo?

s230787

Just wondering what you all have in at the moment, just in case. I used to ram my face when I had a hypo and then always ended up with high BS which I had to correct. I'm much better at this now, so I have the following in and know what to take depending on situation:

Freddo Bars - 10grams of carbs
2 Finger Kit Kats - 12.5grams of carbs
Ginger Biscuits - 8grams carbs
Fruit Shortcake Biscuits - 4.5grams of carbs (great for a small rise)
Haribo Mini Bags - I only use these when I'm on longish walks, chew/suck on one, test hourly and then inject (if required) small doses of novorapid. This seems to keep me at normal levels during the trek.

I know people need different amounts to get their levels to normal but I usually find one or two of the above puts me back to normal :)

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

hale710

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I use the mini haribo bags too, and then rich tea biscuits (1 or 2 at about 5g each) afterwards if my next meal isn't for a while

SewK8

Hi
I have Hypo stop, lucozade tabs and glucose. Going to get some mini coke cans in too, but I don't have any hypo awareness till I am on the way back up.

Hellbunny

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Just lucozade at the moment but I need some dextro tabs in for those mild hypos which don't need much to sort out, I was at 3.7 yesterday, 50ml of lucozade pushed me up to 11.6, I don't see how it was around 8g of sugar.. though I'm pregnant at the moment and insulin resistant so this may of played a part

LaughingHyena

I've usually got a couple of tubes of dextrose tabs around.

Jelly babies seem to work out well for me, I buy them in big packs, then split them into smaller bags to carry them round. I bought some small resealeable snack bags which work well.

We usually have orange juice in the house, a small glass will sort me out but it's easy to get carried away and drink too much.

If Im out I carry a cereal bar for slow release carbs. Frusil bars are my favorite, as they are slightly soft they bend rather than cruble in my bag, plus they taste nice :D At home it's usually toast or a sandwich or something. I don't keep anything special in.

Dougal

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I have mini Haribo bags, 150ml coke tins, Hypostop, Glucagon, dextrose tablets, wine gums, lemon cheesecake biscuits and dextro tabs (which I hate!)

I used to suffer from really bad hypos and seizures, but now have full hypo awareness since a few weeks after starting my pump.

Faith*

Dislikes
Arrogant/unhelpful people. Spiders/bugs basically anything with 6-8 legs. Creeps me out.
Hate mud unless I'm camping oddly
Lately I've been on the lucozade tablets, lucozade drink if I'm very low or 9/10 I can sort myself out with a banana. I suck on Fruitella sweets whilst I'm doing any long walks etc, seems to help stay stable - unless I go through the pack too quickly (oops) :lol:

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Jelly Babies for hypo's, sometimes have one if I'm in the low 4's too, to keep bg up if its only a couple of hours after injecting I'll eat a oat cracker or two.

s230787

Good idea on bagging the jelly babies up separately, sometimes once you start it's hard to stop yourself.

I'm not a big fan of coke but I love fanta so I might get some mini cans in, never thought of these.

Faith*

Dislikes
Arrogant/unhelpful people. Spiders/bugs basically anything with 6-8 legs. Creeps me out.
Chocolate raisens are good too but only for mildish hypos (another one I munch on when walking long distances)

hale710

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Oh boy do I love chocolate raisins. I have 3 or 4 before I drive as I find the concentration regularly drops my BG

Faith*

Dislikes
Gorgeous aren't they. If we every go to the cinema I'm always running to ASDA to get some and some fizzy haribo. I've definitely got a sweet tooth when I'm allowed