T1 Pregnant and scared of miscarriage

Lemondrop

Hi All

I am almost 6 weeks pregnant and scared to death I am going to lose the baby.
I bled for 2 days at the start of the week but am getting more pregnancy symptoms now and the test is still showing positive. I have had 2 miscarriages previously, one a long time ago which was unplanned and my diabetes was out of control and although they can never say what causes a miscarriage it was hinted that it was my diabetes. I had a 2nd miscarriage 7 months ago with a HBA1c of 6.6%, nobody blamed the diabetes and I know its very common in all women but it makes me worry a bit. I am now pregnant again and so so scared, especially after the bleeding. I want this more than anything and each second of the day is like an hour, I am scared to go to the loo incase I am bleeding again. I am having a scan next week and the waiting is driving me insane.
I hope so much that I can soon chat with other T1 pregnant ladies in a positive way but for now I am too scared to enjoy this.
Are any ladies out there at the same stage of pregnancy as me and having an early scan?

hels

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi Lemondrop,

I was diagnosed with type 1 at 29 weeks pregnant. Early pregnancy is a worrying time anyway without the added worry of diabetes. I'm sure you'll be doing everything you can to look after yourself and therefore your baby.

Are you under the care of an ante-natal diabetes team? Once I was diagnosed me and my baby were closely monitored. I had scans every 2 weeks and they kept a close eye on my blood sugar levels. I was induced at 38 weeks.

You should be taking a higher dose of folic acid than non-diabetics. I believe your doctor or diabetes team should prescribe this.

Good luck
Hx

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Hello I'm a type 1 also and when I was pregnant I was scared about miscarriage too before I knew I was pregnant my sugars were all over the place right up to about 14 weeks my pregnancy wasn't a good one but my baby is here and she's a happy 11 month old
Problems I had weren't until the third trimester I developed preeclampsia but everything was fine don't worry too much an try to enjoy this precious time

nixiepixie

Hi Lemondrop, how are you getting along? I hope everything is fine and you are now at the stage of being able to enjoy it!

i am in the early stages myself and feeling the same as you. The pregnancy wasn't planned and my control isn't the best so i'm petrified of something going wrong. i know worrying isn't going to help anything but god it's so hard! I just can't wait to start having scans and things so i can prove to myself that things are ok :?

ArnoldSusan

Hey,One of my friend also gone through the same problem and she also had a little bleeding at the time of her pregnancy but it was not the matter to worry and the scan she has also done proved beneficial for her and now her baby girl is 7 months old so you also don't worry all will happen well with you and don't take any tension at this time.