Not open for further replies.
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Happy weekend :D

I saw one of my granddaughters today, I haven't seen herfor a few years because of a family split. She still looks the same, but taller and taller than me and so pretty . My daughter saw her niece and my son saw his daughter, so hopefully it will continue.

Yesterday we were at our local theatre and we saw a funny who dunnit. :thumbup:

The sun is out and my heart feels SO happy :)

I hope you are all having a good weekend as well.

Best wishes RRB

izzzi

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
lovely news for Robinredbreast :)
images
Penny farthing.

anna29

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Cruelty to Animals/Children
Liars/Manipulators/Bullying
Some 'GREAT' posts/tales from the past here :thumbup:

Ummmm - a 'euro' :p

Anna .

izzzi

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
636976088_tp.jpg
4 Gallons of petrol for under a £1

anna29

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Till next weekend folks!

anna29

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Another Weekend .

Name a place you may or have been on holiday to UK/Global
Tell us why you enjoyed it so much if you wish to ?

To get us all started - France/Belgium .

Hubby and I catch the overnight ferry from Hull and land in Belgium
we drive to Ostend [ I mooch about in all the handbag shops :D ]
Then we head over to france where we spend the rest of our time!
Back to Ostend [more handbag hunting :thumbup: ] before the ferry home to Hull .

Anna .

A

Anonymous

The Isles of Scilly ...

0__ahf70ZDFqd2DgTOGKJUxvMzZyijyJIw0HarsnsFQ=w149-h112-p-no

56 islands (only 5 inhabited) in crystal clear aquamarine water. Tropical plants (most of which originate from shipwrecks returning from exotic parts of the world), nature reserves, wildlife on land and the individual islands, including 'Puffin Island'. The lazy Atlantic Grey Seals are so lazy, they wait for the tide to rise to them then just float into the water.... that's what I call sunbathing. Wonderful seafood .... the lobster is to die for. Lots of boats trips around the islands and you can walk around the largest in 2 hours. The beaches are sandy and the water safe when the weather is good.

There are no vehicles allowed (except for some locals) ... foot passengers only by plane, helicopter or ferry. By plane you travel from 'Newquay International Airport' (wait till you see the departure/arrivals lounge) just above the north side of Cornwall and often see whales. The helicopters go from Lands End. You may even spot basking sharks and other whales which are easier to spot from the ferry.

I've been twice now and it's hard to believe that these islands are in the UK.

izzzi

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Got to be fair, Gezzathorpe's choice is to tempting.
I do not think we have have a nicer place in the UK apart from a few in bonnie Scotland.
Roy, :)

A

Anonymous

izzzi said:
I do not think we have have a nicer place in the UK apart from a few in bonnie Scotland.

Have you the pleasure yourself, so to speak? :eek:

Giverny

Admin
Administrator
Type of diabetes
Friend
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
Dishonest people, pessimism, spiders, mushrooms.
Kalami%20bay%20by%20night%20from%20AA%20by%20loadswine%20Aug05.jpg

This is Kalami, the last holiday I had abroad. Such a quiet, beautiful little village in Corfu. Loved getting the taxi boat to the nearby villages along the coast as well. Only downside was that the room didn't have any air conditioning but hey, with a view like that the balcony is good enough for cooling down at night :lol:

A

Anonymous

Giverny said:
Kalami%20bay%20by%20night%20from%20AA%20by%20loadswine%20Aug05.jpg

This is Kalami, the last holiday I had abroad. Such a quiet, beautiful little village in Corfu. Loved getting the taxi boat to the nearby villages along the coast as well. Only downside was that the room didn't have any air conditioning but hey, with a view like that the balcony is good enough for cooling down at night :lol:

Lovely ....brings back memories. We went to Roda six years running ... there's no better sight than the calm sea and the mountains of Albania & Greece in the background.

izzzi

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
gezzathorpe said:
izzzi said:

Morar the silver sands,Loch Morar, the home of a monster called Morag, a lesser-known relative of Nessie.
3101163912_c68d327a98.jpg
We went camping to this area many years ago luckily the sun came with us.
Roy.

A

Anonymous

izzzi said:
gezzathorpe said:
izzzi said:

Morar the silver sands,Loch Morar, the home of a monster called Morag, a lesser-known relative of Nessie. We went camping to this area many years ago luckily the sun came with us.
Roy.

Never been that far up I'm ashamed to say. Camping there would be good.

izzzi

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
images
Positano is the most beautiful place with great fresh food and the sun.It was our once in a lifetime holiday.I shall never forget the many steps and step hills,thank goodness we left the children at home (don't worry my children were over 21).
We also paid a visit to Capri where there is a lovely tribute to the great Gracie Fields.

A

Anonymous

izzzi said:
images
Positano is the most beautiful place with great fresh food and the sun.It was our once in a lifetime holiday.I shall never forget the many steps and step hills,thank goodness we left the children at home (don't worry my children were over 21).
We also paid a visit to Capri where there is a lovely tribute to the great Gracie Fields.

You were't far from Pompeii then? Did you visit?

izzzi

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi,Gezzathorpe :)
Yes we were very lucky to have flown above Pompeii by helicopter. It was one of those holidays that the company I worked for organised and paid for. (you do not get perks like that anymore), unless you are a MP. sorry !

A

Anonymous

izzzi said:
Hi,Gezzathorpe :)
Yes we were very lucky to have flown above Pompeii by helicopter. It was one of those holidays that the company I worked for organised and paid for. (you do not get perks like that anymore), unless you are a MP. sorry !

We used to have 'good boy' 4-day trips once a year in my company. I wasted all of them by being inebriated along with others for most of the time. Nowadays, the trips still happen but are 'hush hush' to avoid upsetting the disgruntled masses.

izzzi

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Gezzathorpe wrote'
I wasted all of them by being inebriated along with others for most of the time.
Now you are bringing back good memories. Grappa,

izzzi

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
1952+Butlins+(Middlesex+collection+-+Good+Housekeeping+Feb+'52)+1.jpg
Got addicted to the cuddly toy grab machine

Status
Not open for further replies.