confused

Disgruntled

I'm type 2.I have been doing a low carb diet for 4 months now and have lost 39lbs so far.
up untill this week my bg's have been 5s &6s. For some reason they are slowly creeping up. tonights 3 hours after a salad reading was 7.1 Really don't understand why. thought I had got it under control. was so pleased with myself for sticking to a diet after many many years of dieting and cheating. I'm eating the same things day in day out so I know there is no reason it should be going up.

Someone said it might be because I'm under a lot of stress. it's been that way for the past year so again no reason it should affect my readings now.

Here's what I eat.
BREAKFAST:
10z cornflakes with 1 dessertspoon of crushed nuts. wholemilk but very little.

LUNCH:
wholemeal sandwich. chicken salad. pear

DINNER:
Chicken salad with a little low calorie salad dressing (checked the carbs 2g ) muller light greek style yogurt

SNACK: handful of nuts (very small hands ) :D

Any Ideas please??????

destiny0321

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
people who think nothing is wrong with you because they do not see blood or a plaster cast, i suffer with arthritis & use a zimmer & wheelchair but because they cant see anything wrong people assume nothing is wrong with you.
I am type 2 as well. You are within the range so you are good.before meals 2 to 7 two hours later under 8.5 so you are within limit. I wish I was mine was 18.1 last night mine have been going up really bad and was told what I was doing was right, but would make no difference as my diabetes was getting worse so now on another tablet. Your lucky you can have cereals I can only have porridge or weetabix ,cornflakes,rice krispies send me through the roof. Also to me you are not eating enough they like you to eat little and often.

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Disgruntled

Hi destiny. I know that 7.1 is a good number but I was getting 5.1-5.6 so it is a bit of a worry. I have cut out my sandwich at lunchtime and had homemade veg soup. I've also thrown out all my muller light greek style yogurts and salad dressing too to see how that affects my readings. hopefully it will be back down tonight.
Spent the best part of the morning on the loo :oops: so at least it's helping that way. although I'm sick of seeing my bathroom already.

I know I should eat more but I'm honestly not hungry betwen meals and I do try to eat a lot of salad for dinner. I don't eat after dinner and admit I go to bed most nights hungry, but as I'm trying to lose weight I don't feel right eating too late.

It's not good you're so high. hopefully the new meds will help.
I found cornflakes to be the only cereal that doesn't put my bgs up to much. rice krispies put it up a lot. porridge :sick: weetabix while I love them puts it up the worst. i only have 1oz anyway so it's not too bad and I tend to work it off anyways, running around after the household lol

Hope you're new meds help xxx

destiny0321

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
people who think nothing is wrong with you because they do not see blood or a plaster cast, i suffer with arthritis & use a zimmer & wheelchair but because they cant see anything wrong people assume nothing is wrong with you.
Hi thank for reply,stress does had a lot of problems and play havoc with sugars. Hope all goes well for you as well

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Disgruntled

Hi Destiny thanks. I decided to cut out my lunchtime sarny, and mullerlight yogurt and salad dressing. and while I had quite a stressful day my readings last night were 5.8 still not as low as I'd like it to be but it was down considerably so I'm a chappy chapess :D.
Also have reached a goal in my weight loss. now lost 3 stones very very happy :thumbup: :lol: :D a good loss for just 4 months.
If I keep it up by next summer I should be slim yay.

Will have to tell my man about the stress putting me sugars up :lol: maybe that will help lol
hope you're well and having a lovely day xx