Cholesterol tablets, effecting levels.

suzanne.moss

Hi there,
has any one else found that taking tablets for cholesterol has raised sugar levels. I could not tolerate any of the statins and was put on Ezetrol Ezetimibe 10mg. When first took them sever back ache, worked through it and been on for 6 months. My levels have been weird for a while, since being on them getting higher and higher when testing and no lows, which is again weird for me. Exercising like crazy and still in the 9 plus. Instead of feeling low. Well i started to get sever back pain again, then muscle pain and felt like an old women could not walk properly. Well my tablets ran out and needed to get more and that made me suddenly think i wonder if it is these tablets. A week later all muscle pain gone, back ache hundred percent better but still there a bit. And sugar levels going lower every day. Interesting thought. Has anyone else had this? I have decided not to take the tablets or any of this kind again, unless my levels go to high. At the moment in the 4s but because of Diabetic, well you all know the drill, give you this and that just in case. Any answers would be good.

Daibell

Master
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Yes, statins do increase blood sugar a bit (Google it). Really sensible to give them to all diabetics! I just stopped taking my statins although I haven't had the classic muscle pains with them. I've decided I don't want the risk of damage statins can cause and there is little correlation between blood cholesterol reduction and heart disease reduction.

MartinAU

suzanne.moss said:
Hi there,
has any one else found that taking tablets for cholesterol has raised sugar levels. I could not tolerate any of the statins and was put on Ezetrol Ezetimibe 10mg. When first took them sever back ache, worked through it and been on for 6 months. My levels have been weird for a while, since being on them getting higher and higher when testing and no lows, which is again weird for me. Exercising like crazy and still in the 9 plus. Instead of feeling low. Well i started to get sever back pain again, then muscle pain and felt like an old women could not walk properly. Well my tablets ran out and needed to get more and that made me suddenly think i wonder if it is these tablets. A week later all muscle pain gone, back ache hundred percent better but still there a bit. And sugar levels going lower every day. Interesting thought. Has anyone else had this? I have decided not to take the tablets or any of this kind again, unless my levels go to high. At the moment in the 4s but because of Diabetic, well you all know the drill, give you this and that just in case. Any answers would be good.

My friend chose not to use it. He went with lowering his cholesterol naturally such as eating more fruits and started playing basketball... He got it down to 3.9 .So I cannot really tell you about the pain you are having or the issues with walking.. And yea... choose your food because of your diabetes.. . Hope you feel better soon!