I have diabetes – can I have sex?

A

Anonymous

izzzi said:
Hobs said:
Errrrmmm ...has everybody forgotten the first and most important answer which is actually another question... are you 16 or over?
The law is quite clear about the age of consent and here in England it is 16.
However the Law and Governments do not take into consideration the need for sex for the over sixties and discounts for old age pensioners with regard to Cream Crackers.
Also it should be against the Law for a woman to have a Headache whenever it is that time. :lolno:
This is a very good a fun thread, the OP sounds wise enough to take all the necessary safety steps regarding good sex.
Roy. :)( can someone remind, me "what was sex" as my adult children have banned us from it!!! )

For the over sixties, it has to be Werthers Original, surely? But if you find the wrapper and not the sweet, be afraid, be very afraid!!

martwolves

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Dislikes
Selfish people, arseholes who think they know it all, ignoramuses, chavs and people with no manners. People who play music on the bus or train full blast on their phones.
That reminds me of my Hindu mate, he's 6'5" and built like a brick outhouse (to be polite). At his wedding another friend commented on his largesse in front of everyone. His response was "that's because every time I s*** your mom, she gives me some cake!". Still makes me smile, a real crowd-pleaser.

Yorksman

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
izzzi said:
However the Law and Governments do not take into consideration the need for sex for the over sixties

can someone remind, me "what was sex" as my adult children have banned us from it!!!

Try a holiday with Saga.

Saga is a four letter acronym, Sex And Games for the Aged

A

Anonymous

Yorksman said:
izzzi said:
However the Law and Governments do not take into consideration the need for sex for the over sixties

can someone remind, me "what was sex" as my adult children have banned us from it!!!

Try a holiday with Saga.

Saga is a four letter acronym, Sex And Games for the Aged

'Strip' bingo sounds like fun but without the 'hokey cokey' at the end.

anna29

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Cruelty to Animals/Children
Liars/Manipulators/Bullying
MCMLXXIII said:
Remember Diabetics have the sweetest kiss..

Lovely sweet comment :thumbup:
I know - :eh:

WeeWillie

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Dictators who positively go out of their way to force misery, tears and fears, upon their countryman's lives.
Politicians who, in dealing with dictators, have a wishbone where a backbone should be.
hanadr said:
Diaabetes is not a bar to sex, but you don't sound sure you want to. My advice would be "Wait until you are sure" Are you very young? don't do something you don't want, can't undo and may regret.
Hana
Yeh, I got that impression also, "anonymous".

:shh: I hope you're sure and not feeling under any pressure.

Best wishes to you anyway.

:?
Now, would someone be kind enough to remind me what sex is,
and what all the fuss is about........

Edit.
Errrrmmm, perhaps not, the memory may just be too much for me.

martwolves

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Dislikes
Selfish people, arseholes who think they know it all, ignoramuses, chavs and people with no manners. People who play music on the bus or train full blast on their phones.
Take her Eastbourne! The playboy mansion for the elderly!

A great way to burn calories.

Either that or 'extreme' knitting or crown green bowls.

martwolves

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Dislikes
Lol - hiow about an annual 'werthers original' sweet sucking contest. No crunching allowed.

A

Anonymous

martwolves said:
Lol - hiow about an annual 'werthers original' sweet sucking contest. No crunching allowed.

As long as you don't swallow! Please ....no comments relating to carbs etc.!

Isobel94

Yorksman said:
ilnar said:
im sensing some matrimonial issues here,

Too right. She likes her hotel breakfast buffets and I can't join in! Freshly baked croissants with honey, danish pastries and doughnuts, fresh fruit salads with yoghurts and muesli, freshly baked rolls with jams and marmelades. It's torture sitting there and smelling all that freshly baked bread.

Oh to be able to dunk a croissant in a cup of hot chocolate.

Yeah sometimes you look at your non-diabetic partner eating something chocolatey or sugary and you think to yourself, this isn't fair, but unfortunately it's just something you have to expect. And you can join in, just not with sugary foods.

CollieBoy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Hi carb Foods
Back to the original question.
Yes, but don't expect the GP to put it on your prescription :lol: :lol: :lol:
(A bit like T2s and testing strips) :cry: :cry:

ilnar

Isobel94 said:
Yorksman said:
ilnar said:
im sensing some matrimonial issues here,

Too right. She likes her hotel breakfast buffets and I can't join in! Freshly baked croissants with honey, danish pastries and doughnuts, fresh fruit salads with yoghurts and muesli, freshly baked rolls with jams and marmelades. It's torture sitting there and smelling all that freshly baked bread.

Oh to be able to dunk a croissant in a cup of hot chocolate.

Yeah sometimes you look at your non-diabetic partner eating something chocolatey or sugary and you think to yourself, this isn't fair, but unfortunately it's just something you have to expect. And you can join in, just not with sugary foods.

meh, she has joined me on the lowish carb diet, irritatingly she has lost more weight than me...
shes been on about a fortnight, and tried an aero at the weekend,
ended up spitting it out :)

besides, i got to drink when she was pregnant

mrawfell

Anonymous Question said:
Anonymous question submitted:

I have been a diabetic for 3 years now (tipe 1) me and my bf desided that we want to do it! But I'm a little bit scared because I don't know what effect it will have on me!!! Should I be worried or not???

To submit a question, please go to http://www.diabetes.co.uk/ask-an-anonym ... stion.html

Normally the effect is very pleasant, that's why people keep doing it. However it is known to use energy, particularly for the man. If you are T1 as advised, just up your BS before, and then check after. This should give you a guide. You shouldn't feel this is a regular routine, just an initial guide, after that have fun. Diabetics have healthy children by the natural method.