flu jab

flojo1234

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
hi everyone me again,
i had the flu jab today. it was quite scary and it hurt a little bit. it was my first one. after that i checked my blood sugar before lunch and it was 2.6. just wanted too know if anyone else has had the flu jab and your opinions on it.
from chloe. :D

hanadr

Expert
Dislikes
soaps on telly and people talking about the characters as if they were real.
Hello again Chloe!
I had my flu jab last Saturday, it was the 5th time for me, but the nurse didn't warn me she was going to do it and I was startled and jumped away, so she had to do it again. I was absolutely fine after that

suzi

Dislikes
people who are rude and ignorant, and people who have no patience in queues.
Hi Chloe,
Andrew had his flu jab 2 weeks ago and so did i, as i'm asthmatic. Our arms felt a bit sore for a couple of days and Andrews blood sugar was a bit high, so test regular just in case, as it can do that sometimes.
Are you off for Halloween holidays yet? Andrews annoyed as his school only gets Thurs Fri and Mon, where as his brother is off all this coming week.
We went to see High School Musical 3 on thurs, yes both my boys like musicals, especially my eldest, do you think i should be worried? :lol: Have you seen it yet?
Take care Chloe and enjoy your school holidays, just don't eat too many treats.
Suzi x

flojo1234

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
hi everyone,
my arm is very sore and i couldnt sleep very well the day i had it because it hurt quite a lot. i have got to go back in 4 weeks time and have a second one as i am under 12 and it was my first time :x .i have got a whole week off, (hurray!). i love high school musical, your boys are soooooooo lucky! hopefull i can see it soon.keep in touch.
from chloe.

smiley

hi chloe not had my flu jab yet but supposed to soon they hurt but are worth it though sometimes they make your arm sore
:wink: :shock: :( :lol: 8)

joshuachallis

my son is nearly 6 years old and he has had diabetes for coming onto 4 years now and he has had 3 flu jabs hasnt hurt him much but he always gets very poorly a couple of days later which almost always ends up with him being in hospital. and he had the mnuemonia(not sure how you spell it) jab which he ended up in hospital with mnuemonia a couple of weeks after it he also barley felt that injection either but after having 5 injections a day nothing fazes him at the mo(that does not include blood tests thats another story)

Toms mum

:shock:
Tom had his flu jab yesterday and said that with his 4 injections a day he didnt feel anything (such a hard man!!!)
he came home this morning from school feeling really ill with a banging headache - related or not who knows ive had a bad head all this week
the nurse asked him if he want the pneumonia jab too but he said no
shall wait and se if the swine flu jabs ever arrive and then he can decide on that one !!!

Shazza

Ewan is 11 we havent heard anything about him having flu jabs shoul I ask or will they contact us? He is T1 since Aug.

hanadr

Expert
Dislikes
soaps on telly and people talking about the characters as if they were real.
Shazza
I would ring them
My health Centre isn't sending out letters any more, to save on postage
Hana

flojo1234

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
i havnt been on for quite a while now!!
ive had my other flu jab for 2009 now and my arm went really red and hot and sore but im alright now,! :roll:

suzi

Dislikes
people who are rude and ignorant, and people who have no patience in queues.
Hi Chloe,
It's hard to believe a year has past since our last flu jabs, i hope you have been well. Andrew and i are off tomorrow to get our flu jabs after school, not looking forward to the sore arm bit! but we're having a Hallowe'en party on Saturday night, so that should make up for it, and Andrews 11th birthday is on Monday, guess he's gonna be partied out!
Take care,
Suzi x

Moogie1947

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I had my flu jab a week ago, no problem, but now and have seen my BG levels rise since - I wondered if this was a reaction to the jab as I read Flu itself can play havoc with your levels. On the other hand it may just be less exercise as the weather has not been conducive to gardening. As an asthmatic I have had flu jabs for many years now but did not note raised levels in the few years since I was diagnosed.

Jay01

Hi I had a flu jab a few years ago and it made really ill.Although I'm diabetic I tend to not have a flu jab after that.I have never been as ill with it do so from now on I don't have mine.

David147

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Parent
Treatment type
Insulin
It can and does cause flu-like symptoms. It happened to me twice before I quit taking the vaccine.

Actually, medical professionals are suggesting that this years vaccine would likely trigger even stronger reactions in some recipients as it's comprised of 4 strains of flu virus. Seems they didn't know (or couldn't guess) exactly what strains would likely hit this season, so they threw several in together, which increased the side-effects.