Is dental care free for a type 1 diabetic in Scotland?

Hi can anyone answer the above, hopefully a type 1 living in Scotland can clarify!

I looked on the NHS site for Scotland and it said this was the case under exclusion HCS2 however a dentist I want to register with says different?

Can someone clarify?

Cheers,

Mark

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

hale710

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
It depends what you mean by "dental care"

I've not seen a dentist since I was diagnosed in February. But even before diagnosis I was with an NHS dentist and never paid a penny. But I've never had any work done, no fillings etc, just check ups. It may be that we pay for that like everyone else, but maybe not.

Interested to find out!

czj

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi. I have only just moved back to Scotland, and have had trouble even finding a dentist.(Waiting list of a year in our town).

Anyway, once we found one in the next town, I paid for my treatment. The form didn't ask about diabetes at all, just about benefits / pregnancy so I think diabetics aren't excluded from paying.

hale710

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Make sure it's an NHS dentist your getting, not a private. NHS are harder to find, but in most places there is a number you can call and you essentially get allocated a dentist if you can't find one. So it may not be near by!

L

Luna21

As far as I have read, diabetics are not excluded from charges. Check-ups are free although usually these can be incorporated with a scale and polish, which you pay for, in my experience.

CollieBoy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Hi carb Foods
pritamgudu2008 said:
Good articles it helps a lot to me.it also better to know about
[link removed]" Dental Implants Kent-Who Is A Quality Dentist In Kent For Dental Implants.
pritamgudu2008 is a spamming Kent :evil:

Jeniskelamin

There is no such benefits of having diabetes. But yes one can get free dental care depending on other facilities like age or other facilities which might be provided by the dental care center for certain period of time or for any other reason.