Need some words from Type 1 adults and children

SophiaW

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hi everyone, I haven't been here for a long time so not sure if anyone will remember me! I'm running in the Bupa Great South Run in October and will be raising money for JDRF. For the run I'll be designing and making a running outfit to wear and I need your help, it won't cost you anything but will take a minute or two of your time :D

As part of my costume design I want to incorporate something from all the type 1 diabetics I'm running for - that includes you if you have type 1. I'd like anyone who has type 1 diabetes (or parents of young children with type 1) to provide me with a short phrase, saying or statement about t1 and what it means to you. It can be a silly/funny phrase, a statement of hope, it can be about what you like or dislike about t1 - anything you want. But it must be less than 8 words long because it needs to fit onto a small piece of paper (I have to run with all this on me for 10 miles!). In addition to the 8 words it can also include a first name and age e.g. Ben, age 10 - or you can remain anonymous, it's up to you. I'm going to print and laminate each of these statements and attach it to my running outfit with a blue ribbon. I want the outfit to feel personalised by the people who I'm raising money in benefit of.

If you'd like to be a part of this outfit and contribute a message please post below, or send me a message with your phrase and I will include it onto my costume. An example would be something like: I love my pump! Izzy age 12

I have a Facebook page where I'm documenting my training progress and everything involved with preparing for the race, including designing and making my costume and also updates on my fundraising. I'm not sure if I'm allowed to post a link from here, maybe an admin can let me know? If I can post a link then you'll be able to see the finished costume before the race so you can see how I've used the phrases.

mo1905

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Rude people !
Anne from the forum quoted " diabetics have the sweetest kiss" which I think is such a great statement !
Good luck !

SophiaW

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
mo1905 said:
Anne from the forum quoted " diabetics have the sweetest kiss" which I think is such a great statement !
Good luck !

Thanks mo, I'll make sure that is included with the other tags for my outfit :D

Anyone else want to submit a phrase? I currently have lots of space for lots of tags :D

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Banting & Best......HEROES

SophiaW

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
These are all great, thank you! I'm writing them all down for printing later, please keep them coming :D

D

Deleted member 45091

Sounds a bit daft but here goes after 23 years of it.... TAKING JABS EVERYDAY, BUT STILL NOT BEEN KNOCKED OUT :thumbup: . Ha ha

SophiaW

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
DannyH said:
Sounds a bit daft but here goes after 23 years of it.... TAKING JABS EVERYDAY, BUT STILL NOT BEEN KNOCKED OUT :thumbup: . Ha ha

Thanks Danny! :D

SophiaW

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
bump - for anyone else who might want to contribute a tag for my outfit :D

michaeldavid

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
not thinking
I do very much look forward to seeing the printed and laminated statement, attached with blue ribbon:

"Whoops! Oscar is 3!"

I'm sure Oscar will love it too.

SophiaW

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
lol, that made me laugh re Oscar :lol: I've updated his age :wink:

Thanks faeoj and carly - got yours saved for printing as well :D