whitey-grey floaters in right eye

Lynn8124

I discovered these when I was lying in bed last week reading my texts with my left eye shut (I was lying with my head on my arm) forgot about it for a few days then covered my left eye and could see the white-ish grey shapes floating down in front of whatever I looked at. I am trying to not worry about it but it's hard not to because I know I've not done enough to get my sugar level under control in ten years. my mother has diabetic retinopathy which has gotten progressively worse in the past 18 months- two years. I have made an apt with my optician who's the only one in town that has the equipment to take a photo of the back of the eye. :(

eveshamgal

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I have these too. I mentioned it before a routine eye test at specsavers and was told I needed an emergency appointment (4 days later so not that much of an emergency lol) they outstrips in my eyes to see if there were any problems with my retina but they were fine.

I'd definitely get it checked, especially with your family history. It's always better to be safe than sorry. I'm going to mention it to my diabetic nurse at my next appointment as well.

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

stuffedolive

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Daily Mail, you know the sort
Yes you should get it checked.
However, 'floaters' are common and usually totally benign so don't worry yourself stupid in the mean time. I can't remember never having had them. Sometimes they seem worse than at others, but my diabetic retinopathist isn't at all worried about them and says my eyes are in really good shape - apart from my terrible myopia, astigmatisms and now reading glasses too :roll:

Lynn8124

Thanks for the replies. I was wondering if it maybe had to do with the vision correction procedure I had back in 2009. I had been short-sighted and wearing glasses since I was about 10yo and four or five years ago I started to get sick of wearing them and thought they hid my eye makeup (yeah vanity lol) so I decided to get laser treatment which worked perfectly and I now have 20/20 vision. I still see a halo around street lamps at night that side effect never really went away.

i'm hoping all this will help me make changes to my eating habits and lifestyle as I know complications are unavoidable unless I do something NOW. i'm so glad to be back posting and reading on this forum even if I can't log in with my other name lol.