Victoza

lanzlady

i have been on 1.2 mg Victoza since nearly 7 weeks have had sickness every day all day
taking domperidone and ginger capsules but the effect only lasts for so long BGS have not changed
they are stll between 14 & 20 I also take 3 500 SR metformin per day> Has anyone been on victoza
where it has not had any effect on ther BGS?
Would be delighted to hear from you :D

Lanzlady

poolgirl1974

Hi,

I'm also on Victoza 0.6ml a day I've been on it 4 months
The only side effect I had was a loss of appetite for about a month from the 3rd month Apart from that its been fine I can see a difference in my weight I've lost 2 and half stone on Victoza in only 4 months so please don't give up :thumbup:

Poolgirl1974

Lynn8124

hello ladies, can I ask how you both feel victoza affects your appetite? poorgirl, massive congrats on 2.5st off in a short space of time, fantastic! and that's quite a low dosage of victoza. :)

lanzlady

poolgirl1974 said:
Hi,

I'm also on Victoza 0.6ml a day I've been on it 4 months
The only side effect I had was a loss of appetite for about a month from the 3rd month Apart from that its been fine I can see a difference in my weight I've lost 2 and half stone on Victoza in only 4 months so please don't give up :thumbup:

Poolgirl1974

Hi poolgirl1974,

Well done on your weightloss in such a short time scale :clap:
I have only lost 4lb in 6 weeks (used to be able to lose that in a week)although I can barely eat
breakfast is the only meal I enjoy as I wake up with no sickness
I take victoza at 8 am not sure when you take yours
:?: I wont give up as I need to get my BGs as normal as possible :roll:
Please keep in touch as to how you progress with victoza I would be delighted
to hear from :thumbup:

Lanzlady

lanzlady

Lynn8124 said:
hello ladies, can I ask how you both feel victoza affects your appetite? poorgirl, massive congrats on 2.5st off in a short space of time, fantastic! and that's quite a low dosage of victoza. :)

Hello Lynn8124,

Victoza has definately suppressed my appetite because I feel so sick
with it even the smell of some foods I have been living mostly on fruit
scrambled egg low G.I. bread for breakfast or 1 rasher bacon sometimes homemade mushroom
soup are you on Victoza Lynn :?:

Lanzlady

Lynn8124

hi Lanz yeah I have been on victoza for about 3 years now and tbh I am surprised I haven't been taken off it. it really has no effect on me but that's because I am a law onto myself and keep giving into my cravings for whatever. :roll: :oops: I had some nausea at the start but that passed after a week or two. I have heard one person refer to it as "an injectable gastric band" because when she tried to eat more than a small amount she felt very full and sick.

poolgirl1974

Hi lynn 8124

I had a loss of appetite for about a month it didn't matter what I ate I just didn't fancy it when i'd cooked it.
It was like I had to force myself to eat otherwise I wouldn't eaten then after a couple of weeks it passed and feeling ok now.
Swimming has really helped as well.
I had my annual check up today doctor was very pleased about the weight loss he looked surprised by the look on his face
:lol: and my dosage has been increased to 1.2ml .

poolgirl1974

Lynn8124

lol wish id seen the look on his face! hmm I hope the 1.2mg continues to work well for you. are you both on metformin too?

lanzlady

Lynn8124 said:
hi Lanz yeah I have been on victoza for about 3 years now and tbh I am surprised I haven't been taken off it. it really has no effect on me but that's because I am a law onto myself and keep giving into my cravings for whatever. :roll: :oops: I had some nausea at the start but that passed after a week or two. I have heard one person refer to it as "an injectable gastric band" because when she tried to eat more than a small amount she felt very full and sick.

hi Lynn8124,

yes I can only eat a few mouthfulls then I am full :) i was told I would have a trial of 6 months on victoza if no results
on weightloss and BGs I would be taken off that medication because it is so expensive I think it's £85 for 2 pens :shock:
I am also on 3 500mg SR metformin just started 40mg gliclazide yesterday so hopefully some changes soon :)

lanzlady

lanzlady

poolgirl1974 said:
Hi lynn 8124

I had a loss of appetite for about a month it didn't matter what I ate I just didn't fancy it when i'd cooked it.
It was like I had to force myself to eat otherwise I wouldn't eaten then after a couple of weeks it passed and feeling ok now.
Swimming has really helped as well.
I had my annual check up today doctor was very pleased about the weight loss he looked surprised by the look on his face
:lol: and my dosage has been increased to 1.2ml .

poolgirl1974

Hi poolgirl1974,

I know exactly how you feel even the smell of cooking makes me feel ill :sick:
Good luck with your next dose let us know how you get on :)
lanzlady

Apricot

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Am also self funding the Victoza...where did you buy at £85??

Plus..aas I wrote elsewhere...if you are at the end of the phial....do you get not so satisfactory results??
I am sure that its not my imagination...

Well done on the weight loss....(am jealous really...)

nickgv1

Hi everybody, I've been on victoza for over 2 years now and was taking byetta before that. Lanzlady sorry to hear your having problems with victoza. I had similar problems with both byetta and victoza, I felt sick a lot of the time and it gave me really foul smelling breath, in short it made me feel miserable.

However, I've stuck with it and identified a couple of things which where causing problems for me. Firstly I found that the time of day when I took it had a significant impact. I have to take it in the morning on or just before breakfast if I didn't it played havoc with my stomach, growing nausea, stomach cramps and foul breath.

The second thing was what I was eating. If I have anything which is slightly fatty or that contains meat and is very spicy I end up with the same issues. I now try and have at least 3 of 7 days a week eating vege and I've found this really helps for me.

As I say I have kept on with victoza because it really helps me control my glucose levels.

Hope this is of some help and good luck

Nick

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

squishychickfi

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
curry or anything spicy, snakes and mosquitos!
Hi

I am also on Victoza - first time I was so sick from it I had to have anti sickness injections and then had to stop it.

Second time I was given omeprazole to settle my stomach (which I am still taking) and then had to have 1 month on 0.6
When I went up to 1.2 I was sick again - so I took it on myself to take 0.6 twice a day (I know that means 2 injections - but the sickness was worse!) saw the GP last week and he said that was fine to do that - and touch wood it is much better - get the occasional sickness and upset stomach - but nothing that keeps me off work and the best bit is - I have lost a stone since Easter!

Have the decreased appetite - delayed gastric emptying so feel full and sometimes don't want to eat anything - but found that I eat smaller portions - never seconds of anything - and don't feel hungry.

Hope that you find a way to take it that suits you - but may be worth seeing GP about tablets to help with sickness or taking it twice a day in a smaller dose?

Edited to say - my sugar levels are also better although I am waiting for my next set of official blood tests - the readings have been a lot better
Hope this helps

F

Bree26

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Hi I was on victoza injections last year and I ended up with acute pancreatitis and then needed to get my gallbladder removed . I am very lucky to be here and because this can happen I was taken off victoza right away and now I'm on glipizide and insulin and metaformin . It's been a nightmare but hopefully it will all get sorted out soon .