Funny the things that upset you!

Blondie153

Funny when you think that you have a handle on the grief attached to your child being diagnosed but today I found it very tough when they said that my daughter was definitely over the honeymoon period. I felt a real sense of sorrow and the sound of the door slamming shut for her. What stands out for you as a defining sad moment other than the diagnosis obviously?

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Shell1

Type of diabetes
Parent
Treatment type
Pump
I was hugging my little girl and found a bulge in her tights I asked what it was,she pulled out a little fluffy heart and said this is my 2nd heart incase my other one stops,this hurt so much I did not realise that she was so scared and was thinking these awful thoughts.i find it hard to come to terms with did not realise she was having these kind of worries.

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

jayne15

we are coming to the end of honeymoon also ,its very sad and I feel the same as you :(

Megs little sister who is 4 was in nursery last week and they had made a wishing tree and all the chilldren were wishing to be fairies, batman, princesses ect and when it came to be abbies turn she just said 'I wish my big sister diddnt have diabetes' she had all her teachers in tears.

Just goes to show diabetes affects the whole family.

carb-counting-mum

So sad Shell1 :( . My little girl asked me if she was going to die from diabetes. I managed to reassure her, not easy to do if you feel like bursting out crying! She also asked, a week or so after diagnosis (with a hopeful smile on her face) 'when can we stop with the injections, mummy?' :(

Jayne15, that is so sweet! No wonder her teachers were all choked up!

Overall we're much more accepting of the whole situation and don't have too many down days. But sometimes I get so sad for her still, when she can't play with her friends, because she has to deal with a hypo first.

Our kids are pretty amazing I think, and so are their parents! :)