Slim Fast

daipetemick

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Other
Hello does anyone know if the slim fast diet is suitable for someone with type 2 diabetes taking 2000 mg metformin a day

C

catherinecherub

Hi and welcome to the forum.

There are several members here who tried the Newcastle diet using shakes from various sources. and I hope they will answer your queries.

If you search for Newcastle diet on the forum, there are loads of threads.

lrw60

Dislikes
salads, meat, being bored
I tried the slimfast diet many years ago and it worked after a fashion. The point is you can't stay on any diet for the rest of your life. 1) it will cost a fortune. 2) you will get so BORED!!. The best diet to get yourself on is one that you will be able to stay on, ordinary every day food. Cut out or cut down on the things that are bad for diabetics. Eat plenty of what is good nutritious food. If you are a veggie or vegan adjust your diet to suit. If you have allergies to other ingredients, do likewise. And while you are discovering that you can eat a lot more than you thought possible, get in some exercise too. If you are overweight/out of condition, make it gentle exercise. Nothing to overstretch the heart. Search for the words. 'eat less. move more' and you might get some info on someone who lost 17 stones doing just that. I have lost 5 1/2 stones by doing what I have just preached.

martwolves

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Dislikes
Selfish people, arseholes who think they know it all, ignoramuses, chavs and people with no manners. People who play music on the bus or train full blast on their phones.
I find eat 3/4s of my usual amount of the my usual food does the trick. It's not mega noticeable, but means at least you know you'll enjoy your food. :)

Mart.

Tracyplum

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I did lighterlife (shake/soup based) for three months some five years ago. I lost five stone. Great you may say but.......all of a sudden when I started eating again I got pain from gallstones (never happened before) , my hair went really thin, skin was very dry and my body very, very saggy. And yes I put it all back on! Quick fixes don't often work, for me anyway. Eating properly is more satisfying and in the long term possibly more workable. I'm low carving at the moment and its going ok and so are my BS results. X

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App