Bruising??

Jaxx01

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I am bruising very easily.. In fact I have more little bruises on my legs than my infant school child!!??

Is this a sign of something to do with my diabetes?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mo1905

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Rude people !
Me too but think it's just where I hit the occasional blood vessels whilst injecting there. I find it better now that I tend to inject more in the lower abdomen/stomach. Are yours needle related ?

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

hale710

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I used to bruise on my thighs before I changed to a 4mm needle

Jaxx01

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I don't inject :( these are just normal bruises :/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mo1905

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Rude people !
Oh right, apologies for assuming they were needle marks. In that case, it's something I've never heard before and you should let your nurse/doctor know. Nobody should bruise for no reason, however, some are more prone than others. Some meds will make bruising easier too, wolferin for example.

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

hale710

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
That's odd then. Got no answer for you in that case I'm afraid!

Yvonne8

Think I read somewhere (could even have been on here!) that this is something to do with your liver not working as efficiently as it could. Before diagnosis I noticed that any bruises I had took ages to heal and the doctor suggested fatty liver. Now my diabetes is under control this doesn't appear to happen any more,in fact just out of hospital for an op and all my bruises are healing really well so there could be something in it.

dootsie

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
exercise
Hi, my mum bruises very easily - its got something to do with her red/white cells!!!!????

She is on Warfren daily for the rest of her life, it also has to be monitored extremely carefully by the hospital as the need for it in her body can fluctuate, if not monitored carefully it can kill, so im told. Its also used as a rat poison. It thins the blood out of clotting. So please ask your doctor about this. She's just been in hospital for 4 weeks (she is 75) with internal bleeding all due to clotting even though no signs of bruising were evident. Go and see him/her.

dootsie

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
exercise
Sorry if Ive scared anyone, but this is an extreme result of the possible bruising.

It may be nothing, I get it too - and I hope nothing serious either, you can easily bruise with too much fat around you - I get it not knowing where I got it from either.

Ive got a large bruise right now on my leg, dont know how i obtained it. But not too worried.

Sammeh5678

I have this problem with where I inject, just thousand of bruses, pin pricks and lumps :-/ doctor said its normal :/

--
Sam
Sent from the iOS App
Facebook.com/sammskii999

imalittlefishy

I've been an easy bruiser since I was tiny and I'm always covered in them, some people just bruise more easily than others! Having said that, if it's only started happening recently, it's probably worth a trip to your GP.
xx