type 2 insulin dependant

trebor1998

really struggling i am on aprida and solostar and they both sting as they go in really painful so cannot take them go to see consultant on monday a new one sugar levels 27 ish dont know what to do i work as a postwoman i was wondering if i could ask for a insulin pump to help me i live in uk

edan

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
lantus is known to sting when you inject it. If it is such a problem that you cant take lantus or apidra you could switch the lantus to levemir (twice a day basal) and switch the apidra to novorapid or humalog.

You won't be able to get a pump as a type 2.

trebor1998

edan said:
lantus is known to sting when you inject it. If it is such a problem that you cant take lantus or apidra you could switch the lantus to levemir (twice a day basal) and switch the apidra to novorapid or humalog.

hi there tried them 2 insulins as well really stuck

edan

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
what was wrong with levemir novorapid and humalog?
If you can't you any of these 5 insulins then there are older ones you can try.

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
trebor1998 said:
really struggling i am on aprida and solostar and they both sting as they go in really painful so cannot take them go to see consultant on monday a new one sugar levels 27 ish dont know what to do i work as a postwoman i was wondering if i could ask for a insulin pump to help me i live in uk

Hello and welcome trebor I dont know the insulins aprida and solostar. Pumps (as far as I know) are only for type 1 diabetics.

You probably need to go back to see your DSN for help and advice with the stinging problem. Good luck with best wishes RRB

pat1948

Type of diabetes
Type 2
trebor1998 said:
I found out with the insulin I am on once opened do not store it in fridge its because the insulin is cold that the injection hurts I am on Lantus and Byetta hope this helps.

pat1948

Type of diabetes
Type 2
trebor1998 said:
edan said:

hi there tried them 2 insulins as well really stuck
U read leaflet about Lantus that I am on once opened not to store in fridge thats why it hurts , I store mine in toilet when in use others are in fridge.

buccy67

Hi,

I was having problems with my insulin stinging as I injected. My diabetic nurse said that it could be down to the needles. She said some needles cause irritation. She gave me a few sample needles to try out and I have found one that does not sting anymore. also the new needle is 6mm and the ones I was originally using were 5mm. Maybe that extra mm has made the difference.. It's probably woth changing the needle make and legnth to see if it helps.

saz1902

Hello! I have been on lantus and novorapid since i was diagnosed t1 dec last year. I keep the stored ones and the ones i am using in the fridge and have never had any probs as yet. Maybe it is just that people react differently to different things? I do also pinch the skin very slightly, so maybe this helps?

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Indigo

Hi there
Try different injection sites. I had terrible pain injecting my Lantus in to my stomach as well as the novorapid, it was horrid. So I switched to injecting the Lantus in my thigh and although it stings a bit is much more manageable and my stomatch takes the novorapid better now too.