Medical Alert Tattoos?

LittleWolf

You're welcome xx

Oh I'm glad it made you smile c

I could keep that design and refine it for someone wanting it on their foot, back of their hand etc

I could do a daisy-chain like design for your wrist with that big flower (I think it would stand out as the medical symbol once inked and colored) and have violets either side with the swirls in the end. Bracelet-like and ladylike, but the symbol should be nice and prominent.

I shall report back soon!!!

Xx

Thank you Anna *blush* Glad to be of assistance xx

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

LittleWolf

Ok...

56284906-3ACE-4443-998A-044B05BF16A2-2123-000000CC08FFFC15_zpsa8fe5cd1.jpg

It will be smaller in proportion to the wrist.. Might also make the violets slightly lower down and smaller. Does this look a little better x

If you like I will ink and color x

Thundercat

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I totally agree. I won't get a tattoo because I'm basically a wuss! But it really is fantastically generous and giving of you Littlewolf to do this for everyoje interested in getting a tattoo. Well done you:)

LittleWolf

Very nice!!

I just had that same message come up when I tried to use the camera icon. I now just use my usual method of uploading to photobucket.com then copy and pasting the URL with IMG tags either side of it.

Glad you like it :3 I will try and ink it properly today but I am still running a fever and have to work outside all day tomorrow @_@

But I like it and you like it and I want to finish it nicely :D might use watercolour for a nice gradient.

Yes, the snake and staff is the rod of Asclepius associated with healing. The Caduceus looks way cooler but is pretty irrelevant and actually quite dark :/ (speaking as a Christian) but I can come up with similar things or add wings to stuff if people like wings

I mean it's a generic healthcare symbol but seems to be recognise as a diabetic symbol other than that new blue ring thing. But I will add 'Type 1' to it in a feminine script for clarity xxx

violet6763

Really excited to see it coloured, but please concentrate on getting better first. I hope your fever has gone.
Can it have diabetic instead of type one?

LittleWolf

Hey there!

I'm still quite low and sniffly but my fever finally broke last night after hitting a peak of 105 @_@

I am trying to make tomorrow a really productive day with regard to a lot of things that need catching up on!

Sure :3 I will put 'diabetic' in a nice script for you along with the other adjustments mentioned xx *hugs*

lynde89

Hi guys!

Thought I would say that reading this thread has made me want a medical tattoo even more! I have always wanted one, but wanted something meaningful & good as my first, & after me & the hubby chatted a while back we thought this could be the option! Then I saw this thread!! Been doodling in my notebook & think I've finally designed something I want! (I helped design one of the Hubster's too).

How long do you wait till you're 'sure'? & I was told some tattooist like to try to avoid main veins (I want mine on or near my wrist) has anyone had this problem?

Thanks for the inspiration!

janeyxxxxx

Type of diabetes
Type 1
hello

I just got myself my medical tattoo

its everyones personal choice obviously but I did not want to proclaim my diabetes status to the world in general because I want to choose who I tell

but also felt I wanted to feel safe should I ever be unable to tell someone in an emergency I was diabetic

although have had type 1 for nearly 40 years and never had any problems so far

i have had a medic alert shape symbol in 3 colours on my wrist with iddm under in script

i think it looks pretty but also would only mean anything to someone medically trained so to the general public the letters mean nothing and I can come up with all sorts of silly things for what it represents if asked by someone who i do not want to tell the truth to

IDDM= I dislike dirty men
I dont do meat

anyhow thats my tattoo story

and btw it was not too painful on the wrist :crazy:

violet6763

Oh yes I have saved it to my phone and will show it to my tattooist. I need to book in for my back to be touched up. Thank you. It's great.
There is usually a nine month waiting list but I will add a pic once done

LittleWolf

Yay!
How exciting!
I'm happy you are pleased with the design and will be very proud to add photos from any of you guys to my portfolio. Hope they will serve their purpose well should anything ever happen to you (god forbid) as well as being a pretty portrayal of something intrinsically part of you.

smifffy40

Dislikes
Cruelty to kids or animals.
Spongers who just dont want to work.
Immigration policy (no im not racist before people say)
Tories.
Carol Vorderman.
People who are too old to drive (two bad experiences ive seen lately)
LittleWolf said:
Yay!
How exciting!
I'm happy you are pleased with the design and will be very proud to add photos from any of you guys to my portfolio. Hope they will serve their purpose well should anything ever happen to you (god forbid) as well as being a pretty portrayal of something intrinsically part of you.

Hi Littlewolf..Hope you OK..
Im going for a little bit more ink in the morning (just to go over my old one which you can still see through my newest one)
Im warming to the idea of a snake medical tattoo...i will have to message you for ideas!!
cheers