Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Rude people !
IanD said:
mo1905 said:
Thanks for your reply. My intention is not to do nothing about the rise in BG levels. I count carbs and inject accordingly. Also, these readings are not one offs, they are for the majority of my meals. So, is a reading of 10 two hours after a meal bad ? Do you think I should inject more ? I thought I was normal lol !
I would be worried about 10 2 hours after a meal. It suggests an even larger spike after 1 hour. In the days when I followed the DUK high carb diet, my HbA1c was below 7, and I progressively suffered complications. Changing to a low carb diet cleared those complications. Occasional checks on "normal foods" I find a one hour spike of about 14, that in two hours falls to 6-9, & in 3 hours below 5. A low carb meal rarely goes above 8.

Thanks Ian, makes sense !

Q007

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
People who tell lies.
My GP (Dr Doom).
And I have to say, a massive thank you to everyone who's taken time out of their day to comment, I'm thrilled, truly.

Last Tuesday with Medusa the GP brought me down to such a low ebb, people here have posted links, personal experiences, information and years worth of knowledge put carefully together for me in a personal message that's as out run and out classed the GP I saw I mean, she out of her league compared to the knowledge posted here.

Ive been on this site for around 36 hours and this has been the fastest learning curve ever, running alongside that is a reality check that diabetes is not to be messed with and also that, due to my 10 minute allowance every six months, I was in denial and hadn't taken the condition seriously, until now - so that's been a bit hard as all this data has formed a picture that I'm behind schedule and just need to get on with playing the game.

I read each of your posts over and over so please share anything you have, I'm getting ready to go to the shops to buy my BG meter and sundries, then some brown rice, chicken, I've binned the cornflakes just now but left just enough so that I see what a bowl is capable of as a spike

Bless your days,

Kind wishes to all,

Q..

Ps: I'm not accepting the GP's stance I'm writing a letter in a firm but professional manner to tell her
What it's like to be on the other side of her remarks, I not want to see her again. Why add to
My problem with negative scary out of date messages.

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

janeecee

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Q007, you've already made very good progress and there's no reason why that should not continue. You've already learned what works for you, so just keep building on that success. The hardest part of any regime is sticking at it—especially when you get fed up with it. There's a lot of support here for people, and at other forums, so when you feel at a low ebb just log on. There's always a listening ear out there somewhere.

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App