Medical Alert Tattoos?

blueeyed81

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Im booked in on the 17th (my birthday) to have another medical tattoo done on my left wrist of the staff n snake with a red cross behind it, I'm going to be covered now should I have a funny turn wjilst alone lol as I already have type one diabetic on my right wrist lol

Kelly =)

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

smifffy40

Dislikes
Cruelty to kids or animals.
Spongers who just dont want to work.
Immigration policy (no im not racist before people say)
Tories.
Carol Vorderman.
People who are too old to drive (two bad experiences ive seen lately)
Ive just had a little more done on my tattoo on Friday! Not put cling film or bepanthen on because its too hot outside (great) ..anyways I see plenty of people dont believe in putting stuff on new tattoos.. Im warming to the idea of a medical tattoo :grin:

Deanna_Griff

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
• Minging hypos
• Uncontrollable highs
• People who think I can’t eat doughnuts.. haha
Haven't posted in a while! So, I did book mine in at the end of last month, I'm having it on the 22nd which is next week! Soo exited!

I walked into the shop with my mother, asked if i could book, the receptionist asked me if i was 18, i just looked at my mother and smirked (because i am 16), she told the truth and said that i wasn't but she wants a medical tattoo, and the tattooist said that's fine! was a very happy girl haha :D! Photos will be up of it straight away when its done :)

anna29

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Cruelty to Animals/Children
Liars/Manipulators/Bullying
Hi All .

Returning back from a lovely holiday - just have to add this snippet of news/info in here :)
I used my medical reference alert 'tattoo' a few times whilst on holiday .

In france and belgium - to bring attention to my non sugar/few carbs requirements .
In the hotel when kept having a basket of french breads waved 'repeatedly' in my face . :thumbdown:
Sugar,bread,cakes [carbs] were often pro-offered to me and my husband when dining out .
Using the tattoo it saved me from translating a lot of info in other languages [french and flemish]

The 'diabetic tattoo' said it all - staff grasped it straight away and understood completely :thumbup:
Just the one word "Diabetic" in universal language said and explained so much for me ...
Best thing was it was followed through with immediate positive action and helpful consideration for myself .

I certainly dont ever regret having it done -as it has come in so useful and acts as a brilliant key reference word and point .

It is a personal choice thing of course , but one I chose to do and one I certainly 'DONT' regret at all .

Anna .

anna29

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Cruelty to Animals/Children
Liars/Manipulators/Bullying
violet6763 said:
Wow, that's good. Is yours a picture too, or just the word Diabetic?

Hi violet .

Mine is just the word Diabetic .
I doodled for days if not weeks to design it and get it 'right'
Created two tiny open hearts - instead of dots above the
Was going to do two tiny daisy flowers but settled on the open hearts .
Wanted it to look more kind of subtley feminine :)

Anna .

smifffy40

Dislikes
Tories.
Carol Vorderman.
anna29 said:
Hi All .

Returning back from a lovely holiday - just have to add this snippet of news/info in here :)
I used my medical reference alert 'tattoo' a few times whilst on holiday .

In france and belgium - to bring attention to my non sugar/few carbs requirements .
In the hotel when kept having a basket of french breads waved 'repeatedly' in my face . :thumbdown:
Sugar,bread,cakes [carbs] were often pro-offered to me and my husband when dining out .
Using the tattoo it saved me from translating a lot of info in other languages [french and flemish]

The 'diabetic tattoo' said it all - staff grasped it straight away and understood completely :thumbup:
Just the one word "Diabetic" in universal language said and explained so much for me ...
Best thing was it was followed through with immediate positive action and helpful consideration for myself .

I certainly dont ever regret having it done -as it has come in so useful and acts as a brilliant key reference word and point .

It is a personal choice thing of course , but one I chose to do and one I certainly 'DONT' regret at all .

Anna .

Glad you had a good holiday...Im actually warming to a diabetic tattoo.....Just had a little more on mine...
I remember being on hols in Spain and they said "la diabetica" so the actual translation is easy.... I guess will be ok in Cape Verde...cos thats portugese lol and similar to spanish

smifffy40

Dislikes
Tories.
Carol Vorderman.

LittleWolf

Use a photo sharing site and copy-paste the URL with an tag either side of it x

I wanna see!

Still sick, got half a dozen appointments this week and working on a pinup at the moment but I will get onto more tattoos for you guys ASAP x

Sent from the [url=http://www.diabetes.co.uk/app/?utm_source=sig&utm_medium=txt&utm_campaign=appsig]Diabetes Forum App[/url]

Robgrand

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi guys,

I have a medic alert tattoo...

I have tried to upload a picture but message board quota is maxxed out allegedly.

It is on my right wrist, just below where a paramedic or medic would try to take a pulse if collapsed and unconscious for example.

I have a blue star of life emblem with the words DIABETES above the cross and MELLITUS below the cross... It has saved my life twice so far!

If anyone wants a pic feel free to send me a message

Regards

Rob

LittleWolf

Use the popular image hosts like Photobucket.com and Tinypic.com Should be pretty self explanatory then once you upload you will have a choice of links to copy and paste. The kind you want depends on the kind of code the place you post it to is based on (or you can use the plain URL, but often it shows up invisible on this forum- or oddly, like Rob's post, the link has decided to make itself part of the 'sent from the diabetes forum app' message. Click on it and it will take you to the photo.)

What you want to do is have the square bracket like this [ then IMG then closed square bracket like this ] on one side of the URL then a bracket [ a slash / then IMG again and closed bracket ] at the end.

These are called tags. BBCode forums like this one use the square bracket tags. HTML based forums and email clients like Gmail use < these > brackets. The tags tell the computer what to do with what is between them or what it is. There is one at the start saying perhaps <B> telling a page in HTML language to make all the text after that tag Bold, then the </B> tells it to stop. Only make text between <b> and </b> bold.

The IMG in square brackets tag says that the link between the tags is an IMaGe so will show it on the page without you having to click on it :3

lynde89

Looking forward to seeing the new tattoo blueeyed! & I hope that you had a good birthday! :)

I went to see the tattooist on Saturday & am waiting for him to send through what he has done with the design I gave him for my wrist/forearm. It's all exciting! :)

Giverny

Admin
Administrator
Type of diabetes
Friend
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
Dishonest people, pessimism, spiders, mushrooms.
Robgrand said:
Hi guys,

I have a medic alert tattoo...

I have tried to upload a picture but message board quota is maxxed out allegedly.

It is on my right wrist, just below where a paramedic or medic would try to take a pulse if collapsed and unconscious for example.

I have a blue star of life emblem with the words DIABETES above the cross and MELLITUS below the cross... It has saved my life twice so far!

If anyone wants a pic feel free to send me a message

Regards

Rob

You should now be able to attach images as normal, sorry for the inconvenience!