Weight... Gain?

Switch2501

That's right, gain. How do I do it?
Yes yes you might think that's a really stupid question "just eat".

I'm type 1. On a pump and I've practically been the same 12ish stone (6'5) since I was diagnosed 15 years ago.
I'm pretty thin and can't seem to put weight on.

Any thoughts on how to do this safely?

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Elc1112

Make sure you're eating plenty of protien and get in plenty of weights based training to 'bulk' up. If course the other option is to gorge on pizza, cakes and take away. Possibly not so good for your health though :)

Might be worth visiting a personal trainer. Mine offers advice on exercise and diet and has always been very good at helping me to achieve my goals.

Em

carty

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi switch
I am a type 2 skinny so not in quite the same position as you but I eat lots of nuts and cheese and cream ,avocado is good also some pulses but I have to watch the carb content of these .If you can eat snacks between meals so that you up the daily calories Hope this helps a bit
CAROL

Axlex

There are number of ways to boost stamina and weight. Foods are the best way to gain weight e.g meat and milk are best for gain weight. I want recommend you that you should join gym there is lot of machines and trainer ready to help you.

carty

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Bananas are a no no for me but test and see
CAROL
t

danielcvs

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Cornflour milkshakes: dissolve 2 tablespoons in water, add milk and yoghurt or fruit.

Colin5

Yes,.,You also need to increase weight. In crease the use of eggs and meat in your diet. You can easily achieve your goal. Eat and sleep well. I hope it's really work.
www.kudoshealthclub.com.au

paul-1976

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Dishonesty
Alizey said:
Here I want to share that I eat potatoes

Your profile states that you are not a diabetic but a student researcher,that's fine but research through my blood glucose readings conclude that potatoes are a big NO for me and many others.

carty

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Alizey
OK you can eat potatoes you are not diabetic I am diabetic and skinny I CAN eat potatoes but I wouldnt choose to because they would cause me big spikes , ok I want to gain weight but not at the expense of my health
CAROL

Andy Crampton

Hi
Help
I quit smoking over 12 months ago and since then I have put loads of weight on. Before I came off the fags I was 13st and now I am 14s 10ibs.
Can anyone suggest a good diet that I can try

Cheers

kameena

If you want to gain your weight than make a better diet plan like!!!!!!!!
Banana shakes
supplements
fresh fruits and green vegetables
Veggies
fish
but avoid fatty foods!!!!!!

Antoni2

Hmm for the weight gaining we must use the high calories food so that it will give strength and become the reason of the gaining weight with energy.......

Ian DP

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Chips
Hi switch
I have had the same problem, but have managed to put on a stone over the last 8 weeks. I am 6'-2", went down to 11 3/4 stone, now back up to 13 stone.
I have done this on a LcHf diet, by eating more meat, plenty of double cream, cheese, butter, aubergines, frying all meat and veg in oil or butter, try mushrooms fried in butter. Plenty of Mayonnaise on salads. A beer during a meal.

I have found this has not effected my daytime BS readings, but my overnight / pre-breakfast levels have gone up a little, I think caused by the extra protein, which takes a long time to go through the system.

Only down side (for me) is that it does cost more to feed yourself on 'more' meats, cream etc.!!!!!

Good luck

Reactions: 2 people