Byetta no effect on BS

magicaldebs

I have been on Byetta for around 6 weeks now, first 5mgs (4 weeks) now 10mgs (2 weeks).
I am not getting any of the side effects, no nausea and unfortunately no weight loss.
But the the worst of it is that it doesn't appear to be effecting my blood sugars. They have stabilised slightly and there has been no increase since stopping Januvia and moving onto Byetta, but no massive change, my blood sugars are still running at between 11 and 15. I have been out of control since I had a bad flu episode at Christmas, even a low carb diet isn't working for me now.

I'm taking it (approx) 45 mins before meals in the morning and evening, although this is not easy to fit into my busy lifestyle so evenings are often difficult (I still take it though but may be not the full 45 mins before).
Does anybody have any advice? Has anybody else found this?
Debs

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Hobs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Dislikes
Argumenative barstifferous (new word *lol*) types who think that they know everything *wink*
Re: Byetta no effect on BS

Ask if you can give Victoza a try. I inject mine at the same time each morning before I leave the bedroom. Its a once-per-day treatment so easy to administer.
I found it to be very good and giving me a level control line where other meds had failed.

magicaldebs

Thank you very much for this idea, it would certainly make life easier. I hear that there is a version that you take weekly, have you tried that? I might be wrong but I think they are all the sane drug, so if one of them doesn't work will others?
Debs

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App