What's the highest you've been?

icylilies

My highest was 31 when i was diagnosed.
I was adamant i could not have diabetes as there is no link in the family at all.... I was feeling fine except the constant toilers and 6liters of water a day!

hornplayer

OMG! ( really hate abbreviations but wasn't sure what sort of language would offend.)

But seriously, OMG. My fasting BG was 17 at diagnosis and I felt like ****. I'm looking at some of the readings here - how bad must you have felt?!???

My doctor nearly blew a gasket when I tested 13 in his office the day I got my results. He'd have been calling out the air ambulance for you guys.

You all, as ever, have my respect for dealing!

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

kellibabi

No idea how high I was when diagnosed, but I can remember once being 18.6 about a year ago (after Fish n' Chips).
Needless to say, I RARELY eat that anymore (once since then, I think & only a dozen chips).

blink

I have had my meter sayin hi a good couple times and when i was diagnosed my level was 64 apparently that wasn't good lol

paul-1976

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Dishonesty
I used to see a HI on my meter frequently in the early days but i think the highest recorded reading I saw was 33.2 and my meter maxes out at 33.4. :thumbdown:

Sid Bonkers

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Customer helplines that use recorded menus that promise to put me through to the right person but never do - and being ill. Oh, and did I mention customer helplines :)
Three days after diagnosis I had felt a bit tired and generally not 100% so went back to the docs, he took my blood pressure but was unable to find any pressure at all!! So he sent me straight to A&E having called them and tolling them to expect me. When I got there my bg was recorded at 29.something mmol/L and my pulse was 188bpm. I had apparently suffered an SVT and had to have my heart stopped and restarted chemically to get it back in rhythm.

I really didnt feel that bad and walked into the A&E dept, only to be told to lie on a stretcher and not move and was wheeled straight into the Resuscitation Unit!!!

Although I didnt feel 100% I didnt feel that bad either so I can only assume that I had been running at a very high level for some time and had somehow got used to it :crazy:

Pj1996

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
My friends was 75 when he got rushed into hospital and his ketones were 7.4 very lucky to be alive

No1DeadlyPoison

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Rude People.
Animal Cruelty.
Unnecessary Drama.
The highest I've been 33.3 on my meter which is the highest it goes. So I was probably over 33.3.

NicoleC1971

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
31 then it is HI which does not allow my meter to calculate a correction bolus.
The 31 happened after I had my a carby meal of pasta plus half a choc bar (normally practically keto) but obviously failed to get my bolus right. Woke up feeling parched etc., tested and accidentally overdosed resulting in a hypo. Not ideal before leading the 8 am spin class.
Very annoying when I thought I was getting good at this....

Squidzy

When I was diagnosed 30 years ago my bag was 72! The doctors were shocked I was still walking. I was young at the time and had no idea what the numbers really meant
30 years later when I shoot past 14 I feel horrible. I can’t even imagine running that high today
I can recall a horrible unquenchable thirst and having to urinate 16 times an hour
Never want to feel that again

kevinfitzgerald

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
All things that hurt (emotional and physical)
DKA back in 2003.. I was told a few days after I had gained consciousness from coma that levels were off the register and that I should have died.. Thankfully I have never had DKA since..