what is your favorite, food ?

A

Anonymous

mo1905 said:
Gezza, trust me, treat yourself to the Waitrose one ! It's amazing !

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

We'll try some tomorrow and let you know. We both love lime. As I'm off the booze I only drink soda water but our pub gets fresh lime to squeeze in (can't bear cordial). The smell (or should I say bouquet) alone is fantastic and makes the soda (pipe cleaner?) palatable!

mrman

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
LittleWolf said:
I've never had Full English!

Am I weird?

yep lol, u really must try one

Sent from my GT-S5360 using DCUK Forum mobile app

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
To many to list, Fish & Chips from Whitby has to be up there in my top 5.

A

Anonymous

mo1905 said:
Gezza, trust me, treat yourself to the Waitrose one ! It's amazing !

Waitrose had every flavour except lime. So, here's one I prepared earlier .... Sussex Lime Pie ....
2013-06-09

No, it's not a roadkill and no, the seagulls here are not that big! Later this evening this will be my DIY glucose tolerance test. The last time I had condensed milk was on bread with sugar on as a kid!!

mo1905

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Rude people !
Hope it tastes better than it looks lol ! Beauty is in the eye of the beholder ! Let us know what it tastes like !

K

Kat100

It's going to be my apple and rhubarb crumble which I made with half brown sugar and half seveta....it has oats and coconut....yummie

A

Anonymous

mo1905 said:
Hope it tastes better than it looks lol ! Beauty is in the eye of the beholder ! Let us know what it tastes like !

Well ... 'er indoors is unwell and feeling nauseous due to drugs for muscle strain but she really enjoyed it .... no projectile vomiting and I enjoyed it too. I put the zest of 6 limes and juice in it so is very limey and the ginger goes well. But, I am not used to eating sweet desserts, and, blimey it's sweet. Maybe the two packets of crushed ginger nut biscuits 250g, 120g butter, & 400g condensed milk had something to do with it!

I will do a test right now .... just a mo .... 7.4 after two hours (within my target range). I had a piece 4 hours ago then spaghetti with cheese sauce, peas and bacon an hour later and 2nd slice an hour after that. Is that an OK reading considering what I've eaten, as I don't usually have desserts (before and after a meal!) and haven't a clue?

I will try the Waitrose one to see how it should be done.

A

Anonymous

Piedmont Roasted Peppers

There are certain recipes that feel so clean and healthy after you have eaten them and this is one of them. Suitable for pescatarian veggies too. The juices soaked up with bread are as good as the peppers.

2 large red peppers
2 medium tomatoes
4 anchovy fillets
2 cloves garlic
4 dessert spoons extra virgin olive oil
freshly ground black pepper
Basil leaves

Cut the peppers in half lengthways retaining the stems (for stability and to avoid leaks rather than eating!) and de-seed. Lay on a lightly oiled baking tray. Place two quarters of tomato in each pepper (you can skin them first if you want). Snip one anchovy fillet per pepper into the peppers with a pair of scissors (keeps anchovy bits separated). Peel and slice the garlic and add to each pepper (crush with side of knife blade, skin comes off easily.. quicker and more efficient than garlic presses). Add 1 dessert spoon of olive oil to each pepper and season with black pepper. Place on a high oven shelf for 50 mins to 1 hour at 180 C (350 F). Transfer to plates with juices from the baking tray and garnish with basil leaves.

Eat with your 'allowable' bread to soak up the juices. Heaven! I added goat's cheese half-way through cooking but not necessary. Do your own 'thung'!

jinstone

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Not being able to eat deserts :)
Chocolate....BUT I buy a bar and have max of one lump or two absolute max every two days or so....ARGGHHHHH :)

zolabud

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Whelks,winkles... All crustaceous seafood except prawns. Can't do crab.lobster or scallops.
Don't like the way they are killed and cooked. Save our Scallops. SOS !!!
Also HATE evaporated milk.
Don't have a sweet tooth but I do love my cheese.
Emmental is my favourite. I bought some Leerdammer light today which 'only' has 3 grammes of fat per slice. The full fat one has 5 grammes per slice.
And almonds.... Love em. And avocados....And prawns.
I am going to find it hard to give these foods up if my GI for dummies says they are bad for diabetics.... Waiting impatiently for the postie to deliver it. Hope it will be here tomorrow....

Thommothebear

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I love the healthier thai and mexican foods, especially the fish recipes. I also love italian and greek salads.I do miss rice though.

Tweetypie

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Spiders, control freaks, untidiness, ignorance.
Fave food Prediagnosis:

-Fish, chips and curry sauce
-Pizza and garlic bread
-Strawberries
-Potatoes in any form!
-scones with jam and cream

Fave food Postdiagnosis:
-Peanut butter on burgen soya and linseed toast - I have it every day and can't stop thinking about when I am next going to have it!
-Popcorn
-Strawberries, cinnamon
-Fish pie
-icecream

Donkeymad

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Cheese - almost any sort. I am a real Cheeseaholic.

I do love plenty of cold roast chicken too, but that is my second favourite.

Avery123

Preventing nourishment advice, not consuming enough water, consuming diet soft drinks and drinks, eating off larger clothing....

Anguse

Hi All,
Broccoli for me as broccoli have lots of health benefits. Broccoli helps in making nervous system healthy and helps in regulating blood pressure. Broccoli prevent from common cold, prevent from osteoporosis and great for brain functions. Broccoli after boosting immunity system prevent us from cancer, stroke and heart disease.