Glucomen are giving meters away

A

Anonymous

I just got a letter from Glucomen - they're giving away meters. If you visit www.glucomen.co.uk, go to support then 'Request a GlucoMen Meter' entering reference number DM3 - they'll send you one (possibly). You may have to register with them.

Always useful to try a new product - it might even come with a test strip or two.

sterling

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
It seems pointless having piles of free meters if the price of strips is high.

BioHaZarD

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Mine arrived today, will have a play later, it's a lot bigger than most meters but I like the fact it does ketones too...

Good Day to you,
I have a glucomen LX but wish to purchase some extra Test Strips.
I am type 2 Diabetic but I have only recently taken interest in my readings
and my diet.Does yourself, or any reader know a source to obtain enough Test strips
at a reasonable cost.

zolabud

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Whelks,winkles... All crustaceous seafood except prawns. Can't do crab.lobster or scallops.
Don't like the way they are killed and cooked. Save our Scallops. SOS !!!
Also HATE evaporated milk.
Try E Bay.

Although I am unsure if all testing strips fit all the meters?

I haven't a meter yet but have sent off for a couple today.

Does anyone know if there are specific testing strips for specific machines?

zolabud said:
Try E Bay.

Although I am unsure if all testing strips fit all the meters?

I haven't a meter yet but have sent off for a couple today.

Does anyone know if there are specific testing strips for specific machines?

Hello There,
I do regret to say the strips are not transferable.Each Company have there own brand
which only fits there own machine.

another12

Dislikes
Porridge
Three days after requesting mine, it arrived. If that's the standard they strive to achieve, then maybe they should be in charge of the royal mail :D I am now waiting for the requested "cable"...(1 day & counting). Time to test differences between the contour and the glucomenLX.

zolabud

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Whelks,winkles... All crustaceous seafood except prawns. Can't do crab.lobster or scallops.
Don't like the way they are killed and cooked. Save our Scallops. SOS !!!
Also HATE evaporated milk.
Received my free Glucomen LX Plus this morning and I am impressed.

Not impressed with my readings but that's another story.

I got 10 strips with the machine,have used 3 and being aware that I will run out quick I did a search and came up with these which although a bit pricey are not as much as some suppliers.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/400509867050? ... 1439.l2649

Hoping that my doctor will prescribe me the strips.

JussyB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
My doc prescribes me with strips for my Lx Plus. I get 200 per time which is 4 little plastic container things. Plus tons of lancets, - perhaps I'm one of the lucky ones in the postcode lottery.

My pc cable took 2 or 3 days to arrive from Glucomen. I can't get it to work though, but I'll try it on my laptop which I rarely use.

pav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
If you have the extra free silicon meter cases on the meter you will probably find that the hole in it for where the cable plugs through it, is just stopping the data cable to fully fit in.

The serial number problem I found I had to enter the ser number exactly as its shown on the back of the meter, otherwise I got the ser number error message.

JussyB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Thanks Pav, you were totally correct on both counts. I had to figure out where the Edit function was on the program to correct the s/n to upper case. It's really good to see the stats on paper now, I've got an appointment with my DN on Monday afternoon so I'm going to take in a print off for her.

Thanks again :clap:

sparkyrich

zolabud said:
Received my free Glucomen LX Plus this morning and I am impressed.

Not impressed with my readings but that's another story.

I got 10 strips with the machine,have used 3 and being aware that I will run out quick I did a search and came up with these which although a bit pricey are not as much as some suppliers.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/400509867050? ... 1439.l2649

Hoping that my doctor will prescribe me the strips.

Jeebus they're expensive! I can't get strips on prescription so I binned all my "free" meters and bought an SD from eBay. Just reordered 50 strips for the princely sum of £6.99 including postage.

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

pr126

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Applied for a free meter, arrived today.
Just looked on Amazon, 50 test strips £21.35 I get 100 strips for £16.45 for my Codefree Meter.
Glucomen 42p per strip, Codefree 16p per strip. :***:

I think it is unlikely that NHS will pay for it. I'll ask my GP on my next visit.

Post meal test Glucomen LX plus 6.8 Codefree 6.2