Sunday

K

Kat100

Hi everyone .....had a lovely veggie roast this evening....a plate of fresh fruit at lunch with a muffin made by me :) then I managed a 3 hour walk which I feel good about....anyone want to share any feel good factors about their Sunday......best wishes Kat

zolabud

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Whelks,winkles... All crustaceous seafood except prawns. Can't do crab.lobster or scallops.
Don't like the way they are killed and cooked. Save our Scallops. SOS !!!
Also HATE evaporated milk.
I made a huge veggie omelette and it was utterly gorgeous and not a carb in sight.

My reading first thing was 7. The 2 hours later it was 7.4 which I am really happy about. Still too high but I'm working on that.

Omelette for breakfast / lunch and just had the other half. (Forgot to season it though)

I then spent 10 minutes hauling my exercise bike from the bedroom ( where it has sat unridden for 6 months) and that completely wore me out so I am back on the sofa with my ever present glass of fizzy iced water with slices of lemon and lime and that is where I am gonna stay 'til I decided to ride my bike which I have placed in my front room in front of the telly.

I am trying very hard to get out of the habit of drinking Rose wine in the evenings. Hasn't worked so far but fingers crossed for tonight eh.

Need to get on that bike. (No,really I do)

Seems it was either the Burgen bread,sugar free baked beans or the tea in my sugar which made my reading high yesterday. So I cut them all out today and had a lower reading. I haven't the strips to do a proper elimination. I have only got 2 left and the ones I ordered today should be here on Tuesday hopefully....

Happy Sunday everyone !!

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
A Gammon joint for our Sunday roast, walked the dog for 2 hours today so plenty of exercise :)

K

Kat100

The day sounds more fun on here....I am on sofa now tv on.....hobbie relaxing.....

Type2_2000

Had a BBQ for lunch - spicy chicken and a nice big salad, with veggie and paneer kebabs.

Followed by a nice 2 hour walk listening to Frank Skinner podcasts. Now watching a re-run of the 1990 Only Fools and Horses Christmas Special on Gold! 1990, ah, a simpler time...

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

mrman

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Had a brilliant day with my son, wife unfortunately at work. Seen my dad this morning, lunch at weather spoons, sons choice (hes 9 lol), and a nice walk round town afterwards. Was going to do some jobs in the garden but was rained off, so, dvd on and sone munchies, lush.

Sent from my GT-S5360 using DCUK Forum mobile app

anna29

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Cruelty to Animals/Children
Liars/Manipulators/Bullying
Nice thread - I 'like' :thumbup:

Relaxed in our new courtyard garden today with our 2 doggies (Freya/Gracey)
Restyled some topiary plants by giving them all a haircut :p
[used to be a hairdresser - so really enjoyed doing it ]

Pottered about doing a bit of this n that too ...
As you do on a lazy sunday .

Anna .

zolabud

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Whelks,winkles... All crustaceous seafood except prawns. Can't do crab.lobster or scallops.
Don't like the way they are killed and cooked. Save our Scallops. SOS !!!
Also HATE evaporated milk.
Jolly Boys outing was my favourite.....

Faith*

Dislikes
Arrogant/unhelpful people. Spiders/bugs basically anything with 6-8 legs. Creeps me out.
Hate mud unless I'm camping oddly
Chilled out with mum today, we made a gorgeous chicken with some veg (no starchy carbs) chatted and joked around all afternoon and then watched a little TV before I came home. I'm now curled up on the couch watching a film, nice relaxing weekend for once :D

mrman

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Which film?

Faith*

Dislikes
Arrogant/unhelpful people. Spiders/bugs basically anything with 6-8 legs. Creeps me out.
Lakeview Terrace - It's got Samuel L Jackson in it, so far so good

mrman

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Not seen that 1. Watched the new hansel and gretal film last night, might watch the new remake of total recall tonight.

Faith*

Dislikes
Yeah we saw that not long ago, it's not bad, don't think you can ever beat Arnie though :D

I'm dying to see the new Superman, just hope they haven't ruined it like the last one LOL

mrman

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Lol, I'm looking forward to the new,new superman too.

Faith*

Dislikes
If you see it before me let me know what you think, I'll do the same lol

Enjoy your Sunday evenings all, I'm signing off for the night and may or may not treat myself to a glass of Rose' :wave: