finally !!!!

marie.T1

i have finally got a start date for the pump :D i have just got off the phone to my dsn a very happy lady :D :D :D :D :D i start on the pump on 2nd july ( 2 weeks today) oooooh im very excited now x

mrman

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Congratulations, I've had that pump sure a little while now, brilliant

Sent from my GT-S5360 using DCUK Forum mobile app

marie.T1

thank you guys :D im really excited but also very nervous!!! the accuchek was my second choice of pump i wanted the dana r pump because it is smaller and lighter than the other pump but i would have had to wait longer for it . i have waited months already .

mrman

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Yeah, u should get the carry case for monitor and 1 skin for the pump. Also a strap to clip pump to. I ended up buying the clear clip case for pump as the skin one broke within a week lol, £15 from accu check. Very snug fit and clip can be rotated for pump to be horizontal or vertical. Also alot better than the free skin clip.

Derek27db

marie.T1 said:
i have finally got a start date for the pump :D i have just got off the phone to my dsn a very happy lady :D :D :D :D :D i start on the pump on 2nd july ( 2 weeks today) oooooh im very excited now x

Great news marie.T1 :thumbup:

You didn't have to wait the 4 weeks afterall.

SpikyMike

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I've been on the pump for only three days, but am loving it. Welcome aboard!

Type 1 since 1969.

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
marie.T1 said:
hi guys today was the day!! im now the proud owner of an accuchek combo yayyy. i already love it x

Nice one :clap:

mrman

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Nice :), r u pumping insulin yet ?

mrman

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Woohoo, did u get a case?

marie.T1

well after a 3 good days on my pump i hit problems !!! ended up doing 3 cannula changes then i thought things were ok. saturday morning i ended up in a&e with dka !!! ketones of 6.8 and bg 30.9 i was vomiting . im home and well now back on my pump and hoping all is gonna be ok :D