Here I come, ready or not.......

Gwilo

Increasingly looking like T2....

Got hold of a bg meter last night and ran a test about an hour after dinner (salmon, sabbage, sweet potato, a small slice of cake - yes i know, a no-no probably) and a cup of tea. SWMBO was 6.4, I was 9.6 :crazy:

This morning, pre-breakfast, she was down to 5.4....I was 8.4 (although thinking about it, I *might* have had a mouthful of watered down pop about 1am).
Still, ridonkulously high. New FGT next monday. :(

Vern

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Liars
Cauliflower mash is yum!

Steam the cauliflower, add butter, salt, pepper and grated cheese. Delicious. Mega locarb. Having tonight with Pork Bangers.

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

pickledpepper2

Must try the cauliflower mash.

Actually, thinking about it.....

I'm wondering if making the cheese sauce (of a cauliflower and cheese sauce dish) with a table spoon or so of plain flour is 'sufferable' so to speak?

Gwilo

I refer you to dave's comment earlier in the thread about anything being ok if counteracting with sufficient insulin.... :D

Last night's fun and games:
Pre dinner : 6.3 @ 5:20pm. I'd not eaten since 12:30 (two slim lamb sausages, four piece of roast sweet potato) apart from water, and was feeling a little dizzy, hence curiousity about where I was.
Dinner was roast chicken, butternut, one or two roasties (i know, potatoes....but trying to clear out rather than waste)
cup of tea. Waited two hours and then decided not to retest. Had a small bottle of beer, another cup of tea and a muller yoghurt about 8:30pm.

tested this morning at six am : 6.8.

I really do have to get a handle on this **** thing.

Vern

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Liars
Hi pickled pepper!

Love the name. If you are locarbing don't add flour. Use thick cream, cheddar cheese and a touch mustard. Makes a sper delicious thick tangy Cheese Sauce. Btw I LowCarb under 30g a day, Type 2 diet controlled. HBA1c 5.7%, cholesterol Is 4.9. I high fat.

pickledpepper2

Vern said:
Hi pickled pepper!

Love the name. If you are locarbing don't add flour. Use thick cream, cheddar cheese and a touch mustard. Makes a sper delicious thick tangy Cheese Sauce. Btw I LowCarb under 30g a day, Type 2 diet controlled. HBA1c 5.7%, cholesterol Is 4.9. I high fat.

Thanks for that! So thick double cream in place of flour huh? Great numbers by the way.

: )

Vern

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Liars
Thanks Pickled pepper2!

Been there a long time and have adapted all recipes. Throw conventional Medical info out the window! I LCHF. All numbers good. Never use low fat as locarbers or mega locarbers like me need the balance. We don't need Carbs like we think of conventionally. I am in the Medical Profession and fly in the face of their logic, works like a charm. If you want some super tasty recipes let me know? I will email u all I know. Always a pleasure.

pickledpepper2

Vern said:
Thanks Pickled pepper2!

Been there a long time and have adapted all recipes. Throw conventional Medical info out the window! I LCHF. All numbers good. Never use low fat as locarbers or mega locarbers like me need the balance. We don't need Carbs like we think of conventionally. I am in the Medical Profession and fly in the face of their logic, works like a charm. If you want some super tasty recipes let me know? I will email u all I know. Always a pleasure.

Please share with all of us, we're always looking for new twists here! lol

Vern

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Liars
Hello Pickledpepper and others!

Some guilt free recipes

Mayonnaise:

4 egg yolks
2Tbps white balsamic Vinegar
+- 500 ml/8 ounces Canola or sunflower Oil
Salt and pepper, herbs to taste

Using a hand blender add Egg yolks, vinegar and 2 tsp Mustard English to clean bowl. Beat to emulsify. Add Oil very very slowly. It quickly forms the thick beginnings of a Pukka Mayo. Continue adding Oil till thick and tripled in volume. Add Pepper, Salt and Herbs to taste. Makes about 750mls/ 12 ounces. Keep in fridge. It's primarily Protein and Fat. Great for LCHF diets. Carbs for whole batch is 2grams.

Dessert;

4egg whites
Stevia to taste
Frozen Berries
Full Fat Greek Yoghurt

Beat egg whites to stiff peak stage using whisker. Add sweetner to taste slowly. I use Canderel Stevia. Heat oven to 140c. Put Aluminium foil on baking tray. When stiff, glossy peaks form portion into 8 Bowl size porti ons using 2 spoons. Bake for +- 50 mins until browned and hollow when tapped underneath. I use 80gr Berries per portion. Microwave berries in glass bowl for 1 minute until juices start flowing. Portion out and add 60 grams of Full Fat yoghurt to the filled Meranges. Sprinkle with Stevia to taste. Each Portion is 9gr carbs for berries and 5 gr carbs for Yoghurt. Whole Dessert is under 15gr henceforth 1 carb Exchange.

Enjoy. Please give me feedback and if you all like them I will post more with pleasure! I have managed to bring my BG to between 5.4 before meals and 5.6 Post Prandial with these items. That's me, please remember all will react according to their Diabetes.

julie54

Thank you for those recipes!! I am shortly to start low carbing - still getting as much information on it as I can!! Just a little confused still on the difference between low carb high fat and just low carb!!! Any advice would be much appreciated - together with recipe ideas!!! Have been following the Newcastle Diet for past four weeks and have had a good weight loss to date (although it is pretty grim and have to constantly keep motivation levels up!!) I am unfortunately not going to do the 8 weeks straight off, because my birthday falls next week and I am going to Portugal for 4 days, so will not keep it up there!! Plan is to eat low carb for those 4 days (which shouldn't be difficult over there, with all their lovely fresh fish, meat and salads!!) then after that I will resume Newcastle diet for another 4 weeks, to continue to kick start the weight loss - then it will be on to low carb (or low carb high fat when I eventually work out the difference!!!)