type 2 and memory loss

visayas

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Major dislike is my memory loss issues
I am a 60 year old male type 2 diabetic (diagnose 4 years ago) and my condition is controlled by medication including metformin in the evenings, Glicazide & Candesarten in the evenings, diet and exercise.

I do not go to the gym but try and walk for at least 1 hour every day.

Is their any recommendations/ guidelines regarding Memory loss and type 2 diabetics. I went to my doctor who gave me a general memory test but it tests your instant response. ie she drew 2 shapes on a piece of paper and asked me to copy it. what's my name, age and date of birth.

The fact that if I am told something I may not remember it 20 minutes later was irrelevant to the medical proffession. If your under stress or panic your blood sugar goes up and you forget even more. I have started taking Vitamin B which may help. Anyone else any thoughts.
regards
Kevin

A

Anonymous

visayas said:
I am a 60 year old male type 2 diabetic (diagnose 4 years ago) and my condition is controlled by medication including metformin in the evenings, Glicazide & Candesarten in the evenings, diet and exercise.

I do not go to the gym but try and walk for at least 1 hour every day.

Is their any recommendations/ guidelines regarding Memory loss and type 2 diabetics. I went to my doctor who gave me a general memory test but it tests your instant response. ie she drew 2 shapes on a piece of paper and asked me to copy it. what's my name, age and date of birth.

The fact that if I am told something I may not remember it 20 minutes later was irrelevant to the medical proffession. If your under stress or panic your blood sugar goes up and you forget even more. I have started taking Vitamin B which may help. Anyone else any thoughts.
regards
Kevin

Hi, I am not on medication, but have just gone through a period of a few weeks with poor memory ... it's usually really good. I did wonder if I was deficient in something like potassium, for example, but it seems to have got a lot better. My recent annual 'blood letting' may show something when I get the results next week. Now where did I leave my coffee??? :shock: