Girlfriend from Slovakia

cyprianliptov

Hello all

I need help about my girlfriend. Im from Slovakia and i live in UK from march 2013. Next week move on my girlfriend to me. She is diabetics from 5 years old and she have insulin pump from year 2010. I have a question about insulin and medical asistance in UK. She have now only Slovakia national insurance valid in EU. What she must to do if you go to UK? Because now is unemployed and I do not know whether the problem with medical care. For example with insulin. It has some advantages upon arrival to UK?? Thanks for all help and answer.

Martin

A

Anonymous

cyprianliptov said:
Hello all

I need help about my girlfriend. Im from Slovakia and i live in UK from march 2013. Next week move on my girlfriend to me. She is diabetics from 5 years old and she have insulin pump from year 2010. I have a question about insulin and medical asistance in UK. She have now only Slovakia national insurance valid in EU. What she must to do if you go to UK? Because now is unemployed and I do not know whether the problem with medical care. For example with insulin. It has some advantages upon arrival to UK?? Thanks for all help and answer.

Martin

As the UK is in the EU, and her National Insurance is valid in the EU, that doesn't sound like a problem. You could make the same arrangements for her medical care as you have made for yourself, possibly. If you or your girlfriend have access to the internet, try
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/. You can search under medical cover etc.

Superchip

Dislikes
GP's, Diabetes Nurses.Crazy NHS guidelines on diet for Diabetics, they are seeing off millions.
Cheap Whisky !
Welcome Martin !

You have made a good choice of place to discuss your situation !

I'm sure that there are a lot of more knowlegable people on here who can advise you how to achieve your goals.
You have chosen to live here, that's great ! I'm **** sure that our health service will do it's best to accomodate you and your girlfriend, that is my wish.

My very best wishes to you, prosper !

Roy

hanadr

Expert
Dislikes
soaps on telly and people talking about the characters as if they were real.
look at the Diabetes Uk website. They have all the information about the law. I am sure your girlfriend is entitled to free treatment.
There are many Slovaks and Poles around here where Ilive and they have equal treatment with everyone else. All medicine for a diabetic is Free.
Hana

cyprianliptov

I register on the diabetes.co.uk and i read all information about this. Maybe i read all :D She come to UK next friday. I must catch all. Thank you.

Martin