How long have you been diagnosed?

How long have you been diagnosed with diabetes?

• 0-3 yrs

Votes: 34 42.0%
  • 4-6 yrs

Votes: 9 11.1%
  • 7-9 yrs

Votes: 4 4.9%
  • 10-15 yrs

Votes: 10 12.3%
  • 16-20 yrs

Votes: 8 9.9%
  • 21-24 yrs

Votes: 4 4.9%
  • 25+ yrs

Votes: 12 14.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

vjt66

Dislikes
Ignorance and arrogance.
7th Feb this year......still just a novice.

Sent from my KFTT using DCUK Forum mobile app

Smudge224

Eight years past in January, strong family history so not too surprised, spent about 5 years in denial, thankfully without causing any harm, now giving myself a kick up the BTM to behave.

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

victoria84

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
2 weeks ago today on 25/04/2013

still trying to get my head around it all and enjoying reading all the invaluable advice on this forum

destiny0321

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
people who think nothing is wrong with you because they do not see blood or a plaster cast, i suffer with arthritis & use a zimmer & wheelchair but because they cant see anything wrong people assume nothing is wrong with you.
Just over 2 years and I am glad I found this site as even now still learning christine

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

49 years!

I was diagnosed aged 10 months in May 1964. Been on insulin ever since and about to go onto a pump in September. So far no complications and I'm fit as a fiddle. I think I'm blessed with good genes.

Dark Red Fox

I was diagnosed on 19 August 1974 - a day that will not forgotten.

Since having diabetes T1, I've had the full gamut of problems: eyes (laser surgery, etc.), leg cramps (vascular), injection site atrophy, regular hypo's, nerve damage (no sensation to heat or cold down the left side), a mini-stroke, very slight foot worries (but a podiatrist has solved that thankfully) and, you know what I keep thinking?

There are millions of people on this planet that have far worse conditions/situations they have to cope with.

Like FOOD and WATER!

CaptainOrla

I was diagnosed with Type 1 on 28th September 2002. I was just gone 14 at the time.... It was very scary... My sugar levels were 50.9 and I went into a coma. The Doctor told my mam that if I didn't wake up from the coma within 4 hours, that I'd never wake up :/

charlieb

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I was diagnosed in August 1959 which makes this my 54th year as a type 1 diabetic. I have experienced lots of ups and downs but still have a great and enjoyable life. The thing is to ride the wave and not let anything get you down :D

Richard 123

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
none
December 22nd 1952 Alder hey Hospital Liverpool I think ward D3 I think my consultant was DR Keegan I was aged 6 and as someone said to me the other day 66 years and you still have all your own toes that must be some sort of record

Traceymac23

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Moaner
Jun 2018 In a hospital theatre recovery room after big toe amputation