When should one consider hospital admittance?

icylilies

Hello all,
I have come to query whether i need help from the hospital. It's 2am currently and still awake due to a vile chest infection. I have been prescribed antibiotics but i feel my cough has stayed the same or worstened since wednesday (2days ago)
I find it difficult to swallow, so food and water is hard to intake, theres a pain in my chest. I get breathless very easily and when breathing deeply i get very weezy and find it hard to exhale.
I feel very ill too, i feel my bm is high but dont want to test because it will raise alarm eith my family.
I have taken all insulin as usual.
I was off school yesterday after bursting into tears when i cough. But i am sent back because i have to push through it apparently.
So when should one possibly consider hospitalization? Many thanks
your experiences are always welcome

Superchip

Dislikes
GP's, Diabetes Nurses.Crazy NHS guidelines on diet for Diabetics, they are seeing off millions.
Cheap Whisky !
gosh, how distressing for you, it really could be so many things....

See your doctor for normal checks, i.e BP/pulse, Oxygen levels, BG, all simple tests done straight away with immediate results.

I have some experience of being breathless just lately 'cos my new ( 20 years post transplant ) heart is playing up !

If you need to talk I'm usually around after 2-3 am.

Don't panic, get help

Roy

martwolves

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Dislikes
Selfish people, arseholes who think they know it all, ignoramuses, chavs and people with no manners. People who play music on the bus or train full blast on their phones.
Sorry to hear how you feel! See your GP/check into A&E. Sadly YOU don't choose to go into residential care. A medical professional decides that. I had what I considered a pretty innocuos acid reflux syndrome. I was admitted with reluctance and it transpired I had a blood-clot and after 7 weeks and 2 metres less bowel I was discharged. Hence the honchos make the call. Don't come on here asking us proletarians what to do, see a doctor soonest. Good luck, I hope you're on your way,
Mart x.
I'd love to talk to you, but now is the time for action, not procrastination. Act now, carpe diem. Act now "chat later". Be strong!

icylilies

Thanks Guys!

I should really edit the first post, I mean't when should one seek medical assistance!

On update I will be seeing my GP on monday morning, they are all bloody booked up! The cough has lessened thankfully! Hopefully i will be able to go back to school after the doctors Hoorah!

I think the sleepless nights make me paranoid as my nurse always tell me when i'm ill for longer than a week start to get concerned. Honestly it sounds like nonsense, but i don't want to end up in A&E if i don't have to!

Thanks again

Phillippa