Ordered an iPhone and iBGStar..

Supreme Wazek

Hi,

I use carbs and cals to monitor my diet, , it's good but could do with a few tweaks.

I also use a diary app called OnTrack to keep track of my BG, carb and insulin data, it is a free app on Android but would imagine you can get it for your iphone.

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Neil Walters

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
not being Grumpy
If you ordered the 5 you will need to get a lightning adaptor too

Diagnosed Type II 1998 1 x 80 mg Gliclazide, 4 x 500mg Metformin and 1 x 100mg Sitagliptin - HbA1c - 48 mmol/mol

steveamos1234

My meter came with 25 strips.

I've only used it for a few of days, but so far it's been quite good. The IPhone app could be better as it's quite basic. If they release a version for the Iphone 5 that would make it ideal as the adapter makes it a bit clunky.

I won't be using the lacent finger pricker that came with it as it was terrible compared to microlet 2, so I'll continue using that.

Minor complaints though as overall it's great and I'll now start taking the meter out with me more. It's so small and you can put the case in your pocket. I may look for a smaller container for the strips, as it's big compared to the meter, but that's really only because the meter is so small!

mo1905

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Rude people !
MyFitnessPal is very useful. It not only records food etc but it has a barcode scanner which will give you carb and other nutritional info for many foods.

H

Hooked

Thankf for the replies! I will look those up. :D

Neil Walters said:
If you ordered the 5 you will need to get a lightning adaptor too

Forgot to say that it was the 4s that I ordered, to avoid the need for the adaptor. :wink:

H

Hooked

Mr Happy said:
Strava or Map My Run/Ride are good for monitoring exercise!

I've heard that Map my Run can be quite inaccurate mileage wise compared with the Garmin Forerunner 110 (which I have). So will probably stick with the garmin for monitoring my walking and running. But thanks. :)

H

Hooked

mo1905 said:
MyFitnessPal is very useful. It not only records food etc but it has a barcode scanner which will give you carb and other nutritional info for many foods.

Sounds very useful, will def look that one up, thanks. :)

H

Hooked

steveamos1234 said:
My meter came with 25 strips.

I've only used it for a few of days, but so far it's been quite good. The IPhone app could be better as it's quite basic. If they release a version for the Iphone 5 that would make it ideal as the adapter makes it a bit clunky.

I won't be using the lacent finger pricker that came with it as it was terrible compared to microlet 2, so I'll continue using that.

Minor complaints though as overall it's great and I'll now start taking the meter out with me more. It's so small and you can put the case in your pocket. I may look for a smaller container for the strips, as it's big compared to the meter, but that's really only because the meter is so small!

Great stuff!
I'm guessing as it's come down in price, a new version is maybe on the cards, though I don't know. But I ordered the 4s phone to avoid the need for the adaptor anyway.

I just use my pen needles on the flesh below my finger nails for my blood tests, so don't care for the finger pricker, one less thing to carry around that way. :wink:

Crazy how small meters can be these days. I remember my first meter (1986) was a huge big cream thing. You needed a big drop of blood, put blood on the strip, wait two min before wiping off the blood, then put the strip into the machine (or read them off the side of the bottle). Things have def advanced since then! :D

H

Hooked

nmb264 said:
Dafne app if you have been in the dafne course

Haven't done that one, it's not available here. I did a Choices course, which I think is the same kind of idea though.

Giverny

Admin
Administrator
Type of diabetes
Friend
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
Dishonest people, pessimism, spiders, mushrooms.
MyFitnessPal is definitely the way to go. It's not quite as fitness-oriented as the name suggests but is a great way to manage diet, set targets etc.

H

Hooked

Since I got the phone I've been using endomondo to record exercise (mainly walking), carbs and cals to record food (I like how I can look up food and see the size of portion on a plate to select, and of course the iBGStar app for BG levels and insulin. Finding it great, all quick and handy to record everything as my phone is always with me, instead of waiting till the end of the day to write it all in to a crammed diary. Best thing I bought!

Oh, and not forgetting the Diabetes forum app too! Love it.

Neil Walters

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
not being Grumpy
Best thing I ever did too - better control than ever before for me as a direct consequence

Diagnosed Type II 1998 1 x 80 mg Gliclazide, 4 x 500mg Metformin and 1 x 100mg Sitagliptin - HbA1c - 48 mmol/mol