Diabetes and animals

lahdida

Hi everyone,
Just a quick question .I have a few cats and one of which I am quiet close to sleeps on my bed at night but about 4 times in the past month she has woken me up (by licking my face!!) and each time she has done that Iv been hypo!I have read stories in the paper about dogs which can 'detect' hypos just wondering if anyone has had any similar experiences?? Thanks Everyone !

Fugs

One of my 7 cats apparently comes and checks on me several times a night. My OH watches him - if my oh knows I'm having a rough time he won't sleep which makes me feel guilty. My cat jumps on the bed and puts his paw gently on my nose until I move. The one and only time I've ever had a hypo which my oh missed because he'd never seen me go through it before, my cat wouldn't stop poking me until I woke up and then woke my oh up. As soon as the hypo was dealt with the cat curled up purring til he fell asleep

Out of my mind,
Back in 5 minutes

>^..^<

nannab

I have diabetes type 2 but I also have malignant melanoma (skin cancer of the worst kind). Prior to my original diagnosis in 2001 I had a normal looking mole on my calf which my dog was constantly smelling as she walked past, stopping for ages to smell it. She was right, it was cancer. I saw a programme on TV re dogs being able to smell prostate cancer years after the sample of urine was taken, I find it amazing. My little dog I am sure has sixth sense, but sometimes unnerves me if she stops and smells my leg!!!! Haven't noticed her doing anything "different" re. my diabetes as yet but then again I am type 2 and I don't think I will get hypos. Without my dog alerting me to the mole I probably wouldn't be hear to post this reply, so she is very special to me.

NannaB