Favourite Author

riodad

Dislikes
bigots
Hi folks i have been reading a book by Gorden Ferris . I was recomended this book for my kindle . It has had me gripped for last three evenings has anyone else read his books.Can enyone a similar author .

Shzz46

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People who try to tell me what to do
Just read dan browns latest book rally enjoyed it as have all his others

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Andy12345

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Doctors
I have never in my life read a book cover to cover but I listen to audio books I get through 4 a month and would highly recommend them if you haven't tried specially for busy people who don't get much quiet time and or like me they read one page and fall asleep, there are too many authors to choose but I love John Grisham and Clive Custer and dan brown and Patricia Cornwell and and and.....

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
I have read a few Kitty Neal books and I have enjoyed them. Just recently I came across Kathy Reich, I read Bare Bones, which was an excellent book and then Cross Bones, which wasn't as good as Bare Bones. Also I loved reading Kathy Letts Foetal Attraction a few years ago, it was witty and funny and should be read by any lady who has had a baby!! But tbh I have read so many great books and I just couldn't list them all.

RRB :)

anna29

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Cruelty to Animals/Children
Liars/Manipulators/Bullying
All of Sidney Sheldon's novels plus Jeffrey Deavers novels I have enjoyed :thumbup:

Now am re-reading Angelas Ashes by Frank McCourt . [a favourite of mine ]

I love a good read and always read before sleep, it helps wind my brain down !

Anna .

badwolfreturns

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Terry pratchett love the discworld books

Sent from my KFTT using DCUK Forum mobile app

ElyDave

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Iain M Banks at the moment, plus classic sci fi like John Wyndham adn Isaac Asimov

Like a good thriller as well, Ian McClean and Ian Fleming are favourites

Chrisspiller

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I really enjoy Bernard Cornwell, his historical novels are excellent. I've also just finished the latest Dan Brown, but I'm finding him a bit formulaic now. Iain Banks is also a favourite, but I've not read any of his sci-fi novels, and Ian Ranking is really good too. I would rather read a good book than watch telly or see a film or anything!

A

Anonymous

Emile Zola ... late 19th century novalist. Quite 'risque' and radical for that period in France. Books such as 'The Beast In Man' and 'Earth'. Really conjures up images of French countryside, towns, villages and life during that period. Mainly about human nature.

CathyN

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
prejudice, racism, complacency, ignorance
I love Zola too. Thomas Hardy and Cormac McCarthy. Hilary Mantel too, with Wolf Hall and Bring up the Bodies, set in Tudor England. Also John Steinbeck - The Grapes of Wrath had me in tears. ( I know, grapes are a nightmare for type 2s............ :lol: xx)

rehill

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Dan Silva is excellent - his Gabriel Allon series is outstanding. Most of his later novels are available for the Kindle.

A

Anonymous

Also Richard Dawkins (not everyone's cup of tea). Otherwise, not reading anywhere near enough so will try some of everyone's suggestions.

minitata

Charles Dickens
Sara Paretsky
Raymond Feist
Rose Macauley
Alan Garner
**** Francis
Stephen Donaldson

I spend a lot of time reading. Mainly with a Kindle nowadays due to sore and stiff hands.

A

Anonymous

I have to say apart from the bible, John Steinbeck "East of Eden is my favourite book ever. "1984"and "animal farm" my second favourite book ever.