Trace of blood and protein in urine

janeecee

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Not a good sign. This was discovered last month at a rheumatology appointment. Only found out today. I haven't had any infection that could explain it. No glucose detected though my levels won't be that high at this stage. I had a FBG test yesterday and I doubt it will come back even in the amber zone as my own readings were 5.4 before the test and 5.2 afterwards. It's a good job I'm testing. I am seeing the GP next week. I only received a copy of my hospital letter today and I am distressed. I also have my blood test results for Renal/Liver/Bone/Urea if anyone can help translate.

janeecee

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks. My blood test results seem to be in the normal ranges, although creatinine is slightly low but apparently that could be a consequence of low muscle mass, and possibly a diet low in protein, and that makes sense. It's the higher numbers that can indicate a problem, so I'm not overly worried I have my appointment with the GP next week so I can have it explained better. Still not happy with the urine test, but I suppose it is a sure sign that my GP cannot give me the OK with a normal FBG, especially if i present my own readings.

Vern

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Liars
Janeecee can you please post your results so I can help with interpretation.Especially insofar as your Alt, SGOT and Ast? Thanks

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

janeecee

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
I don't seem to have a number for ALT, but AST serum level was 19 IU/L on 29 May and AST aspartame transam (SGOT) 17 IU/L on 13 May (I presume that's the same as AST). Normal levels for AST are 10.0–50.0 IU/L according to my printout.

I had two sets of tests done. One at rheumatology and one for my NHS Healthcheck. All results are in normal range except a borderline low serum globulin. My potassium levels were a low-ish normal in one test and just under in the second.

My GP ordered a urine test. My urine lab results from 4 June were as follows:

URINE MANUAL MICRO/CULT (AMR)
Normal no action
Urine microscopy: pus cells: nil
Urine microscopy: red cells: nil
Presence of bacteria: nil
Urine culture: No significant growth after 1 day

I'm assuming I'm in the clear.

Vern

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Liars
You are in the clear! Relax. Are you on any medications for GERD which is reflux or on an anti-depressant? If so they both cause slight shifts in Liver Enzyme readings. If your GGT test did not show high then just check the readings at your next medical. Good luck.

Vern

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Liars
You are in the clear! Relax. Are you on any medications for GERD which is reflux or on an anti-depressant? If so they both cause slight shifts in Liver Enzyme readings. If your GGT test did not show high then just check the readings at your next medical. Good luck.

janeecee

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks for your experienced opinion.

I'm not on antidepressant or GERD medication.

What is GGT? Is that Gamma GT level? If so, it was 11 IU/L on 13 May and 9 IU/L on 29 May. Normal level according to the print out is 1.00 – 55 IU/L, so I assume that's fine.

LittleWolf

You're cool!

I dipstick test myself every couple of days because I get UTIs every 5 minutes and don't want to waste people's time and money in the emergency room for a simple urine test.

From time to time I have protein in my pee and a lot of the time there is blood. Dr told me this is fine and only to come in of the nagging pain in the right kidney gets worse suddenly 0_o

But some people do just leak protein now and again or all the time. Only worry if it's consistently huge amounts. I don't spill glucose even hitting my levels.

Everything is cool, my lovely. If there is anything to look out for its white blood cell count for infection and PH. Many hugs xx